Chara

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Chara

What a warrior. 43 years old and playing with a broken jaw. In the pregame fluff, I was a little surprised they didnt ask JR what is was like to play with a busted jaw.

But really , no time to even get used to getting calories in, and he is out there. We all know injuries are ignored at this time of year, but he didnt even accept medical correction to play.

Random thought, I will always remember a preseason game in Trenton, Nj between the Flyers and Isles, way back the 90s. We had front row side board seats. Chara skates by, and his waist was over my eye level.

Ho hum...just a hockey player being a hockey player.

What would an NBA player have done?

Comment

Originally posted by lynchmob450 View Post

How about a soccer player?

Comment

Originally posted by Flyers Fan In Phoenix View Post

Or a baseball player

Comment

Originally posted by Flyers Fan In Phoenix View Post

cry.......incessantly
          "When over a quarter of young adults are too fat to fight, we need to take notice," Barnett said. He noted that national security in the year 2030 is "absolutely dependent" on reversing child obesity rates

Comment

Originally posted by lynchmob450 View Post

You mean like Paul Pierce? Maybe have such a huge injury you need a wheelchair to get you off the court in Boston... only to return 10 minutes later. come to find out he crapped his pants and wanted to conceal it. Classic

Comment

Reality is Chara is now obsolete and the org and Cassidy don't have the balls to sit him. Sheriff terrible.

Comment

Originally posted by irvdog View Post
                Reality is Chara is now obsolete and the org and Cassidy don't have the balls to sit him. Sheriff terrible.
                Why is he obsolete? Is he what he used to be? No but the dude is a warrior and a leader, exactly what this Flyers team needs. He still instills fear in opponents and minus some foot speed is a hell of defenseman. I actually couldnt disagree with you more.

Comment

Originally posted by sswin08 View Post

Why is he obsolete? Is he what he used to be? No but the dude is a warrior and a leader, exactly what this Flyers team needs. He still instills fear in opponents and minus some foot speed is a hell of defenseman. I actually couldnt disagree with you more.
                  I would love to have a 7 foot tall captain to get in peoples faces on the flyers...ok, technically he'd have to get down on one knee to actually get in their faces but that's beside the point!

Comment

Chara is a beast on the PK...far from obsolete.

Comment

Working...
                    X