Leadership

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Leadership

With the addition of Niskanen and Braun. It has been noted they were brought in to help the younger guys, provide consistency and add leadership to the team.

What does this say about the leadership that has been in place for the last 3-5 years?

Is this a direct reflection of the lack of consistent leadership from Giroux and Voracek, in particular?

For me, the guys wearing a letter ought to be your hardest working players, independent of skill, that lead by example. I can honestly say that has not been a common thread from #28 and #93 the past few years!

It will be interesting to see who else Fletcher is looking to add, to the team, this offseason!

There has been no leadership on the backend since Timonen went to Chicago. When players like AMac are getting letters on their jerseys you know that you have a leadership issue.
    "I admire the exagerrated way that you tell the truth."- Arthur Balfour

Comment

Yeah, I think it's more of an issue of the young defenseman didn't have any good leaders or mentors on the defense to learn from. Voracek and Giroux can't give the advice and pointers on playing the position or preparing or recovering from a bad turnover at a bad moment. I always thought it was a mistake leaving those young dmen, no matter how good and mature they were, to fend for themselves. It seems Fletcher shares that opinion.

Comment

Giroux is often one of the few giving it his all consistently, especially last season. Voracek is more spotty.

Comment

Canít say Fletcher is flashy, but he is addressing needs for the team. More pro-active than Hextal. There is still another move though, I can feel it.

Comment

I have made quips on this, but I really like that two def leaders were brought in for 1 to 2 years. A mac and Gudas might have been well liked vets, but they obviously were not helping the young guys get better. I dont really mind losing a.few picks, because the team is loaded with prospects, including whomever they get at 11 this year.

G and Jake may lead by example....some times, but they are also are obviously not ones to call out teammates and inspire them. We needed a couple of leadership guys.

Comment

I maintain the club liked booze. No actual knowledge....they just played a hung over style for good parts of games and the season.

Comment

That might be crap but I know what boozy hockey looks like lol

Comment

Originally posted by irvdog View Post
                  That might be crap but I know what boozy hockey looks like lol
                  Does that explain Provo's steady decline? They broke him down and got him boozing?

Comment

Originally posted by Vedder View Post

Does that explain Provo's steady decline? They broke him down and got him boozing?
                    You mean Danny Markov junior

Comment

Working...
                    X