Hartman Traded

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hartman Traded

The Flyers have traded Hartman to Dallas for Tyler Pitlick. Hartman was an RFA and Pitlick has one year left at $3 mil and will be a UFA next summer. Pitlick is 27 and had 8 goals in 47 games last year for Dallas. Hartman must have wanted more than 3 million as an RFA would be my guess. Basically a 1 year stop gap 4th liner is my guess. That leaves about 15 million in cap space to resign Provorov,Konecny,Laughton and a backup goalie. Getting tight on the cap now. What scares me is a lack of grit and toughness on this team next year.
    sigpicPhiladelphia Flyers: Home of future Stanley Cup Champions on other teams.

I believe his contract is only $1M per yearó his total contract was $3M over 3 years. If thatís the case, I think he fits in better as a fourth liner than Hartman although I liked Hartman.

Comment

Originally posted by Cup4Recchi8 View Post
      The Flyers have traded Hartman to Dallas for Tyler Pitlick. Hartman was an RFA and Pitlick has one year left at $3 mil and will be a UFA next summer. Pitlick is 27 and had 8 goals in 47 games last year for Dallas. Hartman must have wanted more than 3 million as an RFA would be my guess. Basically a 1 year stop gap 4th liner is my guess. That leaves about 15 million in cap space to resign Provorov,Konecny,Laughton and a backup goalie. Getting tight on the cap now. What scares me is a lack of grit and toughness on this team next year.
      Hopefully Morin gets lots of chances and he can stay healthy. He would help in the grit area no doubt. Rooting for that guy as he has had some real bad luck.
      Philadelphia Flyers #1
      Winnipeg Jets a very distant #2
      The rest of the 29 teams can KMA!

Comment

Timfan is right, his 3 yr contract was worth $3 mil, $1 mil a year.

Comment

Pitlick is horrible, check his stats, or lack thereof.

Comment

Originally posted by Cup4Recchi8
            Pitlicks salary is $1M AAV

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

hopefully this trade means nothing in the grand scheme, but we lost this trade cuz of our suddenly bad cap situation. hartman is younger, an RFA, has better stats, and more upside.

that said i was never impressed with him.

Comment

At least Pitlick has only 1 year left which will open up a spot for a young player in 2020-21. The Flyers could send him to the Phantoms or trade him again anyway which would open up 2 spots at RW. Makes me wonder if Fletcher is looking at Perry or another UFA or if Farabee or Aube Kubel will get a shot though. To make a significant UFA signing though another salary would have to be moved out. I hope they dont trade Ghost. Rumour is Provorov is looking for a contract in the 6 to 7 range,if thats true and Konecny gets Coots money at around 4 mil, thats most of tje remaining cap space. Still would need to sign Laughton and a backup goalie and a 3rd line RW. There has to be another move coming if these RFA numbers are even close to being true.
                sigpicPhiladelphia Flyers: Home of future Stanley Cup Champions on other teams.

Comment

I really hope they donít sign some type of retread to play on the third line. Let one of the kids we have been talking about for years get a shot at it .... see if they can play in the NHL or not with an extended run ...

... NAK ... vorobyev ... rubtsov ....

Stop blocking them by acquiring other teamsí garbage .

I would imagine given his playing style, contract and skill set, Pitlick will be on the fourth line ...

Is anyone surprised that the Flyers didnít receive a late round pick back in this deal?

And enough with acquiring players from Minnesota Chuck .. seriously ...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by Cup4Recchi8 View Post
                    At least Pitlick has only 1 year left which will open up a spot for a young player in 2020-21. The Flyers could send him to the Phantoms or trade him again anyway which would open up 2 spots at RW. Makes me wonder if Fletcher is looking at Perry or another UFA or if Farabee or Aube Kubel will get a shot though. To make a significant UFA signing though another salary would have to be moved out. I hope they dont trade Ghost. Rumour is Provorov is looking for a contract in the 6 to 7 range,if thats true and Konecny gets Coots money at around 4 mil, thats most of tje remaining cap space. Still would need to sign Laughton and a backup goalie and a 3rd line RW. There has to be another move coming if these RFA numbers are even close to being true.
                    the RFA numbers look LOW to me. konecny scores as much as hayes and he just got 7m. an offer sheet for 6m for konecny would cost you only a 1st and 3rd. but maybe offer sheets are not going to happen due to GM collusion again

if we're looking to shed salary we should have just traded him for picks. or waited til someone needed him. yet again, fletcher bought high.

Comment

Working...
                    X