Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Elliott resigns 1yr / 2m

https://www.nhl.com/flyers/news/flye...rs/c-308069068

I like this move. He's the better goaltender and Vigneault is smart enough not to run him into the ground. Super cheap deal thats good for both sides, Elliott can prove he's healthy and get a higher AAV multiyear contract if he does. We need to give him time to heal tho, if he's not ready game 1 he's not ready. I don't think he's washed up, I think he's been asked to play too much too soon.

Honestly I'm mostly concerned about what happens if Hart stumbles. I dont think his great 20 game showing guarantees he's a starter right now. But there weren't going to be many starter-worthy UFAs who wanted to sign with us and have us hope they'd be the backup only. I can envision a worse case scenario where Hart stumbles, Elliott has to take the lion's share of games, and then he reinjures himself. Dunno if there was a better move though.

Originally posted by clumsysnake View Post

Dunno if there was a better move though.
    How about Duncan the walrus goalie from the Geico commercial?
    He would be a lot cheaper.
    Plus they could save 15% or more on their car insurance.

Comment

Originally posted by clumsysnake View Post

Dunno if there was a better move though.
      How about Duncan the walrus goalie in the Geico commercial.
      He would be a lot less expensive and less injury prone I would think.

Comment

Im not worried,with Lyon,Sandstrom and Ustimenko in Lehigh Valley one of them hopefully can step up if Elliott gets hurt (should say when he gets hurt) or Hart stumbles. I think Hart will be fine as long as the defense can actually clear the puck out of the zone for a change. One year stop gap at a low price,Elliott is actually decent at times when he is healthy. Im fine with this signing.
        sigpicPhiladelphia Flyers: Home of future Stanley Cup Champions on other teams.

Comment

I think its all part of the plan for elliott to be out all of february with a groin injury so, I dunno, ustimenko can come out of nowhere to win the backup job.

Its cool that the OTHER hexy goalie picks are in the picture now. i really want to see ersson over here too.

Comment

Originally posted by Flyers Fan In Phoenix View Post

How about Duncan the walrus goalie in the Geico commercial.
            He would be a lot less expensive and less injury prone I would think.
            He is weak on the left side flipper, cannot stop dump ins behind the net, and worst is easily distracted by beach ball in the crowd

Comment

I agree, whomever they call up takes over if Hart gets hurt.

Comment

Working...
              X