Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Is this the lamest off-season or are we just apathetic?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by swami24 View Post
    While we empathize with your issues, I think living in Honolulu will somehow make up for that.
    My main reason for going to clerk there for a year is to see if it is as good as I remember it being 20 years ago ... especially allergies which I have no memory of having them bother me there, but get worse in south Jersey every year ... and also to sit for the Hawai'i Bar Exam to make moving there permanently an option in the future if needed.

Comment

I turned down an opportunity to do a PhD at Hawaii back in the day. One of the dumber decisions that I made in my life. Enjoy yourself there.
      "I admire the exagerrated way that you tell the truth."- Arthur Balfour

Comment

Hawaii sucks, j/k.
        You all might consider living in....wait for it....
        ​Atlantic Canada...killer lifestyle....the winters can be a bit tough unless you embrace hunting, ice fishing, playing ice hockey, snow mobiling, skiing , winter camping and drinking beer by the pallet/keg and hanging with really really nice people who care for each other and oh by the way.....not much gun violence aside from sniping ducks, deer, moose and empty cans. Oh and weed culture is strong for the hippies out there, legal and somewhat normalized in terms of use....kinda part of the fabric in most scenes. Great cost of living, lots of jobs, clean air.....I could go on. Spring is gross I must admit....the crappy part of it....April and May are sh!t. So travel to warm places in the spring and crush it for 10 months of the year....in Atlantic Canada.

Comment

Originally posted by irvdog
          Hawaii sucks, j/k.
          You all might consider living in....wait for it....
          ​Atlantic Canada...killer lifestyle....the winters can be a bit tough unless you embrace hunting, ice fishing, playing ice hockey, snow mobiling, skiing , winter camping and drinking beer by the pallet/keg and hanging with really really nice people who care for each other and oh by the way.....not much gun violence aside from sniping ducks, deer, moose and empty cans. Oh and weed culture is strong for the hippies out there, legal and somewhat normalized in terms of use....kinda part of the fabric in most scenes. Great cost of living, lots of jobs, clean air.....I could go on. Spring is gross I must admit....the crappy part of it....April and May are sh!t. So travel to warm places in the spring and crush it for 10 months of the year....in Atlantic Canada.
          Iíll stay in Southern Ontario thanks lol

The winters arenít as nasty, the summers are longer , and of course we also enjoy the liberal views toward weed!

Iíve visited Hawaii twice now ... next time wonít be for a very long time so enjoy your time there !

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

I don't know why but today I came home for lunch and put on the nhl network and it happened to be game 6 oliers/flyers Sc final We won 4-3! This was the season that solidified my love of this team. Anyways after that was the 2019 outdoor pens/flyers game and guess what we won again!! Anyways now is sabres/flyers I believe game 6 SC final which at this point I think we might win too!! Lol anyways seems to be big wins in Flyers hockey day on nhl network....Enjoy
            sigpic

Comment

1-0 good guys the Hound just opened the scoring!!
              sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by HerbGreen View Post
                I don't know why but today I came home for lunch and put on the nhl network and it happened to be game 6 oliers/flyers Sc final We won 4-3! This was the season that solidified my love of this team. Anyways after that was the 2019 outdoor pens/flyers game and guess what we won again!! Anyways now is sabres/flyers I believe game 6 SC final which at this point I think we might win too!! Lol anyways seems to be big wins in Flyers hockey day on nhl network....Enjoy
                That was my first run with tickets, the 87 playoffs. 2 seasons of 10 game plans, then STs since. That game still stands as the single best game I have ever attended in any sport. One point, I think the final score was 3-2 us, (just checked, yes)

We were in the 3rd level of the Spectrum. When JJ Daignault scored the go ahead goal, the place erupted and actually shook. I had to grab the back of my seat to keep from falling. I also remember Hexy making an incredible save in the last minute. Loudest stadium sound I ever heard, only later topped by a Colts game in their dome, but that was 3x the people.

Comment

Oh I forgot to mention the Bruins/Flyers game 7 2010 was on too! The most amazing comeback I've ever seen. Looks like Carter wasn't playing but the center depth that year and Pronger being Pronger was so good. I'm so pumped for the season to start.
                  sigpic

Comment

I'm so bored, I'm watching NHL Top 10 hits of 2009-2010 on youtube. Man how the game has changed in the last 10 years.

Comment

We're about three weeks away from camp opening up and Provorov and Konecny are unsigned. Under other circumstances, I might not be concerned but with a new HC and staff implementing their system, its not time to be messing around with RFA holdouts.
                      "I admire the exagerrated way that you tell the truth."- Arthur Balfour

Comment

Working...
                      X