Another expectations thread

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Another expectations thread

I am a bit surprised that we are considered merely a marginally improved team across the board. I think this has the making of one of those deals where the team takes a deep run with the recently departed gm getting a lot of the credit for the pipeline of good young talent hep amassed.i can't see how we aren't a top 8 team in the east.

I think we're cautiously optimistic, other teams in the East have improved too. The good news is that it appears the hated Pens are on a big decline.

Comment

Originally posted by irvdog View Post
      I am a bit surprised that we are considered merely a marginally improved team across the board. I think this has the making of one of those deals where the team takes a deep run with the recently departed gm getting a lot of the credit for the pipeline of good young talent hep amassed.i can't see how we aren't a top 8 team in the east.
      I am with you, mate. Looking forward to a fruitful season.

Comment

I think the expectations for the Flyers from non-fans is pretty much indicative of the activity on this site. There have been multiple attempts to get people discussing the possibilities of what to expect or prepare for...but if you look at who is involved in these threads...its the same old suspects (no disrespect intended....this gang is one of the main reasons i enjoy visiting this board to learn about the team i love). The fact that people are not really interested speaks to the offseason we have had...but should not reflect on what this team could accomplish this season.

I'm still very hopeful for the 19-20 season...i expect the impact of the new coaching staff to be large and for the experienced kids to take a big step forward (from Sanheim to Patrick to Hart, etc). I can't wait for the show to start...

Comment

With decent coaching and less of the erratic goal tending that we saw pre-Hart, this club should have made the POs last season. There is no reason why they shouldn't be in the POs this season. I look to see them win at least one round and maybe two. In 20-21, they should be SC contenders. In the East, I expect to see the Islanders come back to reality and time to start to catch up with the Penguins and Capitols. Boston and Toronto will be tough teams to beat.
          "I admire the exagerrated way that you tell the truth."- Arthur Balfour

Comment

Regression from Boston, Wash, isles,.....rags will be better, devil's, red wings, Panthers flattish, can the canes be for real? Habs will be better imo but only go as far as Jesus price takes em....sens suck...I think it's going to be tight as parity continues on.

Comment

question I have about the Rags is....will they again have that mercenary dynamic that never seems to work

Comment

Originally posted by flyerdog View Post
                question I have about the Rags is....will they again have that mercenary dynamic that never seems to work
                Sure as hell hope so.

Comment

Originally posted by irvdog View Post
                  Regression from Boston, Wash, isles,.....rags will be better, devil's, red wings, Panthers flattish, can the canes be for real? Habs will be better imo but only go as far as Jesus price takes em....sens suck...I think it's going to be tight as parity continues on.
                  Bud...I live up here in MTL. Their offseason has been pathetic. No real acquisition that would make them better. Where do you see them getting better?

Last season they almost made the playoffs with a really solid season from Price, a crazy successful season from Dummy, another great year from Gallagher...a lot of guys having career seasons. You feel they will be better? Please don't say things like this!

Comment

i am....holding my breath...still havent signed TK or Provy...and just have to see how fast they gel together

Comment

Working...
                    X