Another expectations thread

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by lynchmob450 View Post

Bud...I live up here in MTL. Their offseason has been pathetic. No real acquisition that would make them better. Where do you see them getting better?

Last season they almost made the playoffs with a really solid season from Price, a crazy successful season from Dummy, another great year from Gallagher...a lot of guys having career seasons. You feel they will be better? Please don't say things like this!
    Great pipeline of talent with Caufield, peoling, Suzuki et Al coming along. Best goalie on the face of the Earth and a continuation of internal growth makes mtl good imo. In the end it might be too much for Carey to carry or an injury to him or Weber becomes an issue but outside looking in I get why the pretty boy gm stood Pat.

Comment

While I am always hopeful as we look ahead to a prosperous season, my expectations aren't very high. If I had to make a guess, it would be that the Flyers miss the playoffs this year. I hope that I am wrong though. Im hopeful that Alain will bring structure and discipline and that the young core/seasoned vets will respond favorably.

Comment

He will They will make the playoffs Watch!!!

Comment

my expectations are as follows:

First we sign Provo for $4.5M/year x 8 years and TK for $4/year for 7 years

then

Hayes puts up 40 goals
          Giroux Puts up 50
          TK puts up 30
          Jake puts up 25

then

Carter Hart wins the Vezina with a .970 sv% and a GAA of 1.02

then

we sweep every series on the way to a SC winning season...

that's not asking too much is it

bwa ha ha ha!!! (Hell I'll be happy when/If we make the POs!!!!)

Comment

if hart is good weíre top 3 in conf.

if hart struggles and elliot gets hurt, we sneak in as a WC

Comment

I expect this team to make the PO's. The last few years this lineup has had some major flaws. This is the first year I can look at the team and feel confident in every position and also the depth at every position in case of injury or just players not reaching expectations. There is a enough talent to really play with the lines if needed and force beneficial match ups for our guys. I see our D core really solidifying itself this year which will help both Elliot and Hart. I expect the playoffs and maybe even a second round. Anything beyond that this year is gravy for me.

Comment

Iíve been popping in and out of the forum reading stuff but havenít posted much ... baseball season for me ... wake me up in September 15th (a) for my birthday and (b) the opening of. Go training camps !

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Every other year right? So they should be on course for playoffs and out in rd. 1.

Comment

Can't believe I'm saying this but I think we make the playoffs and make a bit of noise this year. I think Fletcher sees us close to being a contender and will tweak things here and there where possible. Hart will backstop us and become the goalie we have always sought after. The young defense will start to really emerge and continue to grow showing more upside than down. Teams will not want to match up with us in the PO's.
                    Pieces are in place for the future. We still need a top pairing defenseman and a scoring winger. Doesn't look like we are going to get anything from Free Agency or a trade due to our cap limitations. Development years ahead.

Comment

Originally posted by evee1234
                      Can't believe I'm saying this but I think we make the playoffs and make a bit of noise this year. I think Fletcher sees us close to being a contender and will tweak things here and there where possible. Hart will backstop us and become the goalie we have always sought after. The young defense will start to really emerge and continue to grow showing more upside than down. Teams will not want to match up with us in the PO's.
                      It would be so nice if our rise as you hope this year coincides with a similar Pittsburgh decline out of the playoffs ...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Working...
                      X