Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Provorov inching closer to a deal (Updated: signed 6 x 6.75)

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Yes!!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by clumsysnake
      thatís a pretty solid deal!

woulda liked that 8 year deal but this works for both sides. does the deal end with him as an RFA or UFA?
      Since he has three years in the league now, and the term is six years, I would guess he will be UFA at the end of the contract.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by Strohs72 View Post

Since he has three years in the league now, and the term is six years, I would guess he will be UFA at the end of the contract.

...and then if he really likes it in Philly and the Flyers still really like him... they both probably pre-empt that by signing an 8 year extension (or whatever, considering new CBA or shorter extention) into retirement. You could always look at it in that perspective Mr. Worrysomer.
        Last edited by Tim Kerr #12; 09-13-2019, 11:52 AM.
        Philadelphia Flyers #1
        Winnipeg Jets a very distant #2
        The rest of the 29 teams can KMA!

Comment

Originally posted by Tim Kerr #12

...and then if he really likes it in Philly and the Flyers still really like him... they both probably pre-empt that by signing an 8 year extension (or whatever, considering new CBA or shorter extention) into retirement. You could always look at it in that perspective Mr. Worrysomer.
          Mr Worrysomer?

Not sure the reason for that, nor why you felt it was necessary.

The question was will he be an RFA or UFA at the end of that contract.

I answered that. He will be a UFA.

Thatís a fact.

Iím not even sure with the CBA if you are allowed to do extensions like that.

Comment

I'm a little ticked off that TK is playing hardball. This is absolutely BULLSH!T. He should be smart and sign a bridge deal if he really thinks he's worth more than $4.5M per year. Sign a frickin 2yr deal and prove you're as good as you think you are. Don't drink the crappy Koolaid your agent puts in front of you!! What a horrible impression he has made on the coaching staff.

Comment

Apparently he wants a long term deal. Hope this doesn't drag like Nylander last year. If it does this could well be Farabee's big opportunity.

Comment

dunno why fans always get angry at the player. the agents are paid their percentage to do the negotiating. TK isn't sitting in the room with fletch yelling about his advanced stats and spitting ultimatums. TK wants a long term deal and the agent is trying to get the most money he can. sensible.

i could be okay with a max term one, like 8 years @ $6m. Obviously he's not a 6m guy right now but i think he'd outperform that as the cap goes up. 6 x $5m is reasonable too.

Comment

I hear you Clumsy...the agent acts on behalf of their client. In this case, TK's team has had a lot of comparable contracts handed out. That should have made this ending easier...yet here we are on day 2 of camp without his presence.

At some point, the person who is being damaged by this has to stand up to their representatives and say get a deal done. I think that is what happened with Provorov. He knew that he would be hurting his chances to get off on the right foot by waiting into camp.

BTW...if it's going to end up being 6yr at $5M...that is a slamdunk.

Comment

Negative first impressions with a new coaching staff can be very damaging...TK better get on the phone with his agent, if he already hasnít, and come to his senses quickly.

Comment

Originally posted by lynchmob450 View Post
                      I'm a little ticked off that TK is playing hardball. This is absolutely BULLSH!T. He should be smart and sign a bridge deal if he really thinks he's worth more than $4.5M per year. Sign a frickin 2yr deal and prove you're as good as you think you are. Don't drink the crappy Koolaid your agent puts in front of you!! What a horrible impression he has made on the coaching staff.
                      He could be signing his ticket out of town. By the checking the contracts that Fletcher has negotiated since becoming GM, its hard to make a case that he's been attempting to roll the players. Holding out while a new staff is starting to implementing system changes doesn't make a player seem like they're trying to be one of the team. Its not a good look.
                      "I admire the exagerrated way that you tell the truth."- Arthur Balfour

Comment

Working...
                      X