Konecny Signed

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Konecny Signed

Reported at 6 years, $33M. So $5.5M average/cap hit. Pretty nice contract for him since he's not yet developed his full game (needs a lot of work defensively). Has some scoring ability, fast skater and is a pest. Hopefully he becomes a complete player and is worth this deal.
    Mike Barr, Founder

Nice. I am happy for him for getting a long term deal, will be joining camp ASAP and happy the Flyers got it at a good rate. Konecny has a pretty impressive 5v5 points per game and with some additional ice time and pp1 time could really amp up to be a 70 point player and score 30+ goals. Yeah defensively he could use a bit of work, but like most offensive players if they can spend most of their time in the O Zone it doesn't matter how bad they are defensively.

Comment

Well, this is pretty much the crew we win or die with over the next few years, unless they move stars salary
      Last edited by swami24; 09-16-2019, 03:37 PM.

Comment

This is a pretty good deal for what he can become. At least he plays with energy.

Comment

Well disappointing days for the kids. One less spot to make the team. TK is pretty good so let's hope his game grows into this commitment.

Comment

Irv..... Did you really think he wouldn't sign and a rookie would take his spot? As for a "kid" taking old man Konecny's spot, I'm happy we have our old 22 year old veteran 20g scorer inked.
            "Perry the Platypus! I swear, of all the aquatic mammals I hang with, you are TRULY the most uncooperative!" - Dr. Doofenshmirtz

Comment

Someone is going to need to take Patrick's spot. And, they still need a 3rd line winger. My guess is both Rybstov and Farabee start the season with the big club.

Comment

Originally posted by phillymac14 View Post
                Someone is going to need to take Patrick's spot. And, they still need a 3rd line winger. My guess is both Rubstov and Farabee start the season with the big club.
                Those 2 and Stewart remain in play. Happy to see an agreement but not much space left to maneuver.

Comment

i thought 6x5 would have been fair. wonder if the team caved.

vs comparable heís prolly worth 4 right now on a 2 year? if he hits his ceiling itíll be a good deal but he may plateau. hopefully AV can get 30g out of him and all will be gold.

Comment

Originally posted by Hattrix View Post
                    Irv..... Did you really think he wouldn't sign and a rookie would take his spot? As for a "kid" taking old man Konecny's spot, I'm happy we have our old 22 year old veteran 20g scorer inked.
                    If his camp was being insular I sure would. Apparently all is ok now so onward.

Comment

Working...
                    X