Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• GDT: Flyers vs Blackhawks in Prague

2PM EST

Curious choice by the league to have a game like this on at US/CA market mid-day on a weekday. But here we go.

Lots of questions soon to be answered. Will the vets bring the intensity up now that the games count? Not sure I'd be reaching for the Magic 8-Ball just yet.

Interesting to see JVR tentatively on the third line. If he and Twarynski work well together I think that could be interesting if/when Patrick is healthy and he presumably becomes the center there.

Curios? You mean dumb. Prague? 2PM on a Friday. WTF? Maybe it makes sense if it 2PM on a Sat or Sun. This just doesn't make sense at all.

Comment

Originally posted by phillymac14 View Post
      Curios? You mean dumb. Prague? 2PM on a Friday. WTF? Maybe it makes sense if it 2PM on a Sat or Sun. This just doesn't make sense at all.
      They're trying to sell out an arena in Prague where it'll be an 8pm F/O so whatever day they have it on, 2PM Eastern is pretty much the latest it can start.

Sucks for you guys but it's 1 game out of 82

Comment

I understand time zones. That's why I said maybe on Sat or Sun it would make sense. What makes it dumb is doing it on a Friday where the season opener for Flyers fans will happen when they are at work.

Comment

I think the scheduling was created for Europeans, not us. C'mon man. Ain't no big deal!! BTW, the season starts TODAY!! Allons-y Les Gars!!!!

Comment

I just happen to be off today. But the scheduling still sucks. I have yard work to do! LOL
            If I was at work, I could get this on my computer and/or phone.

Hopefully they'll show up and get 2019-2020 started off on the right foot (skate?).

Let's go Flyers!

Comment

Always love the first game of the year, all that anticipation, expectations, and excitement for a new season. Hopefully all that excitement doesn't get squashed after! ha

My prediction is 5-3 Flyers with the game winner going to TK. Think there will be lots of PP in this game, and the new Flyers PK is what wins them the game.

Comment

sigpicPhiladelphia Flyers: Home of future Stanley Cup Champions on other teams.

Comment

No idea of what to expect, so I'll watch................until I know what to expect........................

Comment

Originally posted by phillymac14 View Post
                    I understand time zones. That's why I said maybe on Sat or Sun it would make sense. What makes it dumb is doing it on a Friday where the season opener for Flyers fans will happen when they are at work.
                    Unless they start the regular season on a Saturday that's not going to happen.

The teams get a 4 or 5 day break when they get back 'cos of the timezones. So we've missed games on Wednesday and Thursday, play tonight and then don't play again until next Wednesday. There's teams that will have played 4 or 5 games by the time we play our second anyway.

Would have been better to have the game last Sunday, have the 4 or 5 day break than play again back in the US this weekend

Comment

Working...
                    X