OT: Goon the movie

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• OT: Goon the movie

Just so you all know, It's streaming on Netflix now.

Old Scott Hartnell for New Scott Hartnell has been our best trade in years

Saw it about 2 weeks ago, not a horrible movie, I thought it was entertaining.

Comment

It reminded me of The Waterboy meets a Canadian person, yeah, not terrible, not incredible, don't regret watching it.

Comment

I bought the DVD a few weeks ago...not bad. It's no Slapshot, but it's a decent hockey comedy movie.
        Mike Barr, Founder

Comment

i enjoyed it. i brought this up somewhere here before, but the jerseys used in this movie are a subtle reference to philadelphia hockey.

=
          orange and black, plus, a logo similar to the philadelphia arrows [philly's first pro hockey team.]

=
          pretty much an old phantoms jersey
          Last edited by retovonarx; 06-30-2012, 12:37 PM.

Comment

Close friends with the hockey broadcaster in that flick 'Red McCauley' (Curt Keilback).
            Amazing how a guy with a voice like his for hockey, with over 2000 NHL games called (Jets and Coyotes) and inducted into the Manitoba Hockey Hall Of Fame does not have a job with some NHL team somewhere. Great hockey broadcaster.
            This is his call on that crazy Ovechkin goal against the yotes several years ago...
            http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vzbmI6-YSnQ
            Last edited by Tim Kerr #12; 06-30-2012, 12:25 PM.
            Philadelphia Flyers #1
            Winnipeg Jets a very distant #2
            The rest of the 28 teams can KMA!

Comment

Best goal ever scored.
              Voracek, Simmonds, Schenn, Couturier, Grossmann, Cousins.

Comment

Originally posted by GirouxIsCannon View Post
                worst play by a goalie ever.
                fixed.

Comment

Sure it is no Slapshot...
                  but its not Slapshot 2 either...

Honestly I thought it was very entertaining, the writing had its hero moments and it had some dakr stuff too, like how his mom and dad never really accept him...

I think its one of the best releases, certainly one of the better hockey movies done since slapshot as far as good comic value. I was entertained thoroughly, I was almost in tears the first time I watched, i was that moved lol.

In a world gone mad, we will not spank the monkey, but the monkey will spank us...

Comment

isn't laperriere playing in the movie ? someone blocked a shot with his face multiple times......it must be him!

Comment

Working...
                    X