This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by iceman42
    yeah he is basically a smaller Ryan Parent with maybe a little better offensive upside, on young defenseman dont forget the emergence of Joonas Lehtivuori in Europe who could be over after next season.
    And Marshall, another smallish defensive Dman (at least he will be at the NHL level).

Comment

• Phantoms New Additions

I have to give the organization credit for playing all the new additions in the first playoff game. They sure didn't sign Nodl, Ratchuk and Kalinski to let them sit and watch:

http://stats.theahl.com/stats/game-s...ame_id=1004693

2 Anderson, Chad D
      4 Greentree, Kyle LW
      5 Ratchuk, Michael D
      6 DeSantis, Jason D
      7 Guenin, Nate D
      8 Fitzpatrick, Rory D
      11 Cabana, Frederik C
      A 12 Grant, Triston LW
      13 Kalinski, Jonathon LW
      14 Ruzicka, Stefan RW
      16 Potulny, Ryan C
      A 18 Ross, Jared C
      23 Gauthier, Denis D
      25 Powe, Darroll C
      C 28 Kane, Boyd RW
      29 Reid, Darren RW
      37 Matsumoto, Jonathan C
      40 Nodl, Andreas RW

Teslak is backing up Munroe instead of Houle and even got a five starts at the end of the year.

A lot of guys who were regular season regulars sat, including:
      Bartulis, Zingoni, Jonsson, Beaulieu and Grenier.

http://www.phantomshockey.com/number...statistics.asp

We'll have to see if Maroon, Bellamy or Clackson get in any playoff games.....

Comment

• I didn't realize Gauthier went from captain to not even wearing an A anymore.

I watched the Phantoms / Baby Pens game last week and Teslak looked pretty good. Powe looked much better than I expected, and Kalinski was all over the place - he looked like a bigger version of Thoresen. It was also puzzling how Fitzpatrick was one of the worst defensemen on an AHL team.
        Beat it John Mustache...your a nitwit an a dope

Comment

• Originally posted by Larry44
          A lot of guys who were regular season regulars sat, including:
          Bartulis, Zingoni, Jonsson, Beaulieu and Grenier.
          Bartulis I believe is still out with a concussion, which is worrisome since I believe its his third since he arrived. I think since Jonsson is supposedly signed in the SEL that they would rather him just sit.

Comment

• Originally posted by iceman42
            Bartulis I believe is still out with a concussion, which is worrisome since I believe its his third since he arrived. I think since Jonsson is supposedly signed in the SEL that they would rather him just sit.
            Thanks, didn't realize Bartulis was hurt. Hope his head heals, he could be a player.

Comment

• Ratchuk is still very porous defensively, but could be the ticket with the right partner, somebody like a guenin, gautheir, hatcher type (a guy who barely leaves his own zone). Very similar in terms of projection to Bartulis, but with bigger offensive upside.

He looks a bit like a younger version of Mike Green. Not saying Ratchuk could be a top pairing, I think hes a stretch at a NHL number 3, but can see a NHL future definately. Between hi8m and Bartulis (concussions withstanding) one of them will be our 5th dman in 2 yrs time.

Basically Ratchuk and Bartulis's continued development made Picard redundant.

Comment

• Flyer website has an article on Ratchuk and Nodl helping the Phantoms:

http://flyers.nhl.com/team/app?artic...e&service=page

Comment

• I found this site at random..has every 1st round draft from 1980 - 2007 and a 2008 mock draft

http://www.mynhldraft.com/

pretty good site

Comment

• Originally posted by flyerdog
                    I found this site at random..has every 1st round draft from 1980 - 2007 and a 2008 mock draft

http://www.mynhldraft.com/

pretty good site
                    I followed that mock last year (They update regularly) and it was entertaining.

I was giving the site a once-over and saw this:
                    Jordan Eberle
                    Ht/Wt:5.1/162 lbs
                    Position:C
                    Drafted From:Regina

Damn 5'1 and 162, that's like the fat guy on Ice Hockey for the Nintendo.

(Yeah yeah, I know, he's likely 5'11)

Comment

• Gatineau is rolling right now.

Giroux with 3 assists and a +4 tonight in a 6-1 win. They lead the series 3-0.
                      "Oh, We got five. Ohhhhh."

Comment

Working...
                      X