Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Giroux with 34 points in 13 games in the Q playoffs, that is just a ridiculous number.

Comment

• Giroux Numbers.
      13 games played
      11 goals T4th
      23 assists 1st
      34 points 1st
      6 PIMs
      +21 P/M T1st
      26.8% Shooting pct. 5th

He's taken 341 faceoffs and credited with 25 Hits.

Comment

• yeah, he's okay.

Just kidding! What is with the faceoffs, he is a RW?

Giroux really excites me, but wondering if he can put another 15-25 pds on. Of course turris isn't any bigger, but I think giroux needs more weight.

The playmaker carter needs?

Comment

• Originally posted by Hammerwise
          yeah, he's okay.

Just kidding! What is with the faceoffs, he is a RW?

Giroux really excites me, but wondering if he can put another 15-25 pds on. Of course turris isn't any bigger, but I think giroux needs more weight.

The playmaker carter needs?
          WAY too much weight. The kid is probably 5'10'' 180. Maybe 5-10 pounds at the most. One of his best assets is his speed and agility, 195-205 is to heavy.
          "Oh, We got five. Ohhhhh."

Comment

• 1 goal and 2 assists allready tonight ,,,game not over yet...37 points and counting...

Comment

• Another big night for Claude...1g. and 3a..in a 6-2 win in the first game of the Q finals against the Rouyn-Noranda Huskies .Man I hope he makes it to the Mem. Cup.

Comment

• I think Rouyn-Noranda had been a perfect 12-0 in the playoffs before last night's loss. This was obviously a BIG upset.

Good for Giroulx!!

Comment

• MONTREAL — Although Flyers general manager Paul Holmgren was focusing most of his attention Saturday on closing out the Montreal Canadiens in Game 5 of the Eastern Conference semifinals, he had a watchful eye on a pair of prospects who could one day become stars in the NHL, possibly with the Flyers.

Claude Giroux, whom the Flyers took with their first pick in the 2006 draft, is looking like a man among boys in the Quebec League playoffs and could be wearing a Flyers uniform later this week.

Giroux, 20, entered Saturday night's action with 41 points in 15 playoff games for the Gatineau Olympiques. The Olympiques were trying to take a 2-0 lead in their final series against Rouyn-Noranda.

Theoretically, if the Olympiques run the table and win the Quebec League title Wednesday night, Giroux could be in Philadelphia by Friday or Saturday and playing in the Eastern Conference finals.

"It's been a real good year for him," Holmgren said. "A lot of good things happened. He looked like he was conceivably ready to make the jump to the next level in training camp and we made a decision to send him back, and he's taken that ball and run with it.

"He had a good year with Gatineau, was part of (Canada's) gold medal winning team in World Juniors and now he's having a great playoff run. We couldn't ask for a more magical season for a young kid."

Here's the thing: Giroux is under contract with the Flyers and could play for them in the playoffs. If the Flyers face the high-octane Pittsburgh Penguins in Round 3, adding a red-hot forward who skates like the wind might be an attractive proposition.

Holmgren was bold enough to recall Giroux for two games during the regular season. Would he bold enough to throw him into a Stanley Cup playoff series?

"I don't know," Holmgren said. "It would be a good experience just for him to be here (without playing)."

Comment

• How does the Memorial Cup work? Isn't that soon after the QMJHL finals? Or does the article mean he could get a couple games in before the Memorial cup starts?

Comment

• Originally posted by untruehero
                      How does the Memorial Cup work? Isn't that soon after the QMJHL finals? Or does the article mean he could get a couple games in before the Memorial cup starts?
                      This article confused me a bit too.

The Memorial Cup starts May 16th. The winner of the Gatineau/Rouyn-Nouranda series will play that day against the Kitchener Rangers. With a window of only a few days at best between the end of QJMHL series and the start of the Memorial Cup, there would be no way for a player on a winning team to join up with an NHL club. The only way this makes sense is if Gatineau loses.

Comment

Working...
                      X