This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by flyersfan597 View Post
    Their rankings are always off a little. It seems the top of their list is usually a little out of whack (Sbisa & Marshall ahead of Parent?).
    I think Parent is criminally underrated, especially on hf. He doesn't have the flash of a big points or bone-crunching hits, so it's just assumed he's a tweener. If only he was more useful to their fantasy teams, he might get some more praise. I don't see it changing any time soon. Parent will continue to fly under the radar.

Comment

• http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ykGtT...eature=channel

How about ratchuk's sick goal the other day.
      Originally posted by Danny Briere on Chris Pronger
      "we're a team that disturbs a lot of people, so I guess he fits right in."

Comment

• Originally posted by maxamillion View Post
        http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ykGtT...eature=channel

How about ratchuk's sick goal the other day.
        That was quite impressive.

In other news, the Phantoms won their seventh in a row and JVR finally broke through with a goal and helper.

Edit: I guess they didn't win. The box score was up in the third with them ahead 3-2, so I figured that was that.
        Last edited by stanley; 04-09-2009, 12:48 AM.
        "The Wire Fox Terrier should be alert, quick of movement, keen of expression, on the tip-toe of expectation at the slightest provocation." - AKC

physicsguru: "What does sitting around and whining and complaining about it accomplish?"
        Rev_Bully: "What does any of this accomplish?"

"You have to consider the possibility that God does not like you, he never wanted you. In all probability, he hates you." - Tyler Durden

Comment

• anybody seen how kempe, lehtivouri or JVR have looked?

Comment

• Here is a quote from Emery regarding Bordov (AKA "Bob"):

TP: You played with Denis Bodrov in Russia. He’s one of the Flyers’ prospects they have had trouble signing. What did you think of him as a player?

RE: Yeah, I talked to Paul [Holmgren]. We call him Bob over there. He’s a smart defenseman, a big dude. He can definitely play the game. I think he is a way’s away from coming over here to play. But they can definitely turn him into a player.

(http://csnphilly.com/pages/landing_0...391&feedID=704)

Comment

• Did you see Popov in the KHL? He has a great year 13 goals 11 assists in 37 games. He is 2nd on the team he is one of the few player who not a minus. He is +2. I know it's though to get players from russia and I dont say he is the next Datsyuk or anything but I hope he will develop and maybe later we can use him.
              The Boils!

Comment

• Originally posted by PATTAP View Post
                Did you see Popov in the KHL? He has a great year 13 goals 11 assists in 37 games. He is 2nd on the team he is one of the few player who not a minus. He is +2. I know it's though to get players from russia and I dont say he is the next Datsyuk or anything but I hope he will develop and maybe later we can use him.
                I'd love to see Popov or Bordov make a try for the Flyers next season. But there sure still seems to be major issues getting those guys to come over.

Honestly, if i'm the Flyers, i'd just keep away from investing draft picks on Russian players until we see changes.

Comment

• Originally posted by lynchmob450 View Post
                  I'd love to see Popov or Bordov make a try for the Flyers next season. But there sure still seems to be major issues getting those guys to come over.

Honestly, if i'm the Flyers, i'd just keep away from investing draft picks on Russian players until we see changes.
                  I am a little surprised they did not bring Bodrov over this year. He got kicked off his KHL team in December and has not played anywhere since. It would have been a good oportunity to come over and play for the Phantoms.

Comment

• The inactivity in this thread shows just how low the farm system has sunk. The best prospects seem to be two guys that can never come over here. There's nothing in Adirondack and I haven't read squat about anybody in junior or college. No first rounder this spring ain't gonna help either.

Comment

• Originally posted by Propper View Post
                      The inactivity in this thread shows just how low the farm system has sunk. The best prospects seem to be two guys that can never come over here. There's nothing in Adirondack and I haven't read squat about anybody in junior or college. No first rounder this spring ain't gonna help either.
                      Good thing nearly every player we have is going to be around another 10 or 12 years.

Comment

Working...
                      X