This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by flyersfan597 View Post
    I am a little surprised they did not bring Bodrov over this year. He got kicked off his KHL team in December and has not played anywhere since. It would have been a good oportunity to come over and play for the Phantoms.
    He is.

http://www.phantomshockey.com/Pages/Team/Roster.asp
    "Oh, We got five. Ohhhhh."

Comment

• Just a quick update on a couple of Flyers prospects still playing in CHL playoffs:

- Nicola Riopel (Moncton-QMJHL) is presently leading his team to a 3-1 lead in the semi-finals. Riopel has picked up where he left off last season a the Q's MVP with another amazing playoff. He has 11 wins in 14 starts (3 SOs). His GAA is 1.89 and SV% is .938.

- Jacob De Serres (Brandon-WHL) is starting for a team that will be hosting the Memorial Cup. His team is presently in the semi-finals (down 1-3). De Serres has had a very solid playoff with 8 wins in 11 starts (1 OTL). His GAA is 2.92 and SV% is .903.

- Eric Wellwood (Windsor-OHL) are presently down 1-3 in the semis. Wellwood has 3 goals and 4 assists in 12 games.

- Luke Pither (Barrie-OHL) is going to the OHL finals. Pither has 8 goals and 10 assists in 13 games.

Comment

• I like finally seeing a Flyer prospect up among his league's leaders in scoring. I know Pither is playing as an overager but last I looked, he was third in the entire OHL during the regular season. Shades of Len Barrie! Even if he isn't a viable NHLer having someone on the farm that can score might make buying season tickets for the Lehigh Valley Phantoms palatable. And he could always get called-up as an injury replacement from time to time. Tim Tookey did some nice things in his brief appearances with the big club.

Comment

• Its nice to see a prospect like Pithier have a good POs. He may have some potential down the road. I saw that Maroon was getting some practice time with the Flyers on Monday. Maybe there is more potential there than he has shown this season. I don't understand why Stefan Legein hasn't been looked at as a possible fill in if needed. He scored a bit in the past.
          "I admire the exagerrated way that you tell the truth."- Arthur Balfour

Comment

• Also quite glad to have Riopel.

Comment

• 2010 Draft Picks

89. Philadelphia Flyers - Michael Chaput (C, Lewiston (QMJHL))
              119. Philadelphia Flyers - Tye McGinn (LW, Gatineau (QMJHL))
              149. Philadelphia Flyers - Michael Parks (RW, Cedar Rapids (USHL))
              179. Philadelphia Flyers - Nicholas Luukko (D, The Gunnery HS, CT)
              206. Philadelphia Flyers - Ricard Blidstrand (D, Aik Jr. (SWE-Jr.))
              209. Philadelphia Flyers - Brendan Ranford (LW, Kamloops (WHL))
              Last edited by HerbGreen; 06-27-2010, 11:23 AM.
              sigpic

Comment

• Maroon off to a good start.

Comment

• For those who may be interested Rinaldo picked up his first regular season fight of the year last night. Was not much of a fight, but he did get a few shots in on a Devil who took out Backlund.

The video along with and Phantoms fights from this year can be found on my youtube page, most are usually uploaded within a day or so of the game.

http://www.youtube.com/user/phantomsfan?feature=mhum

Comment

• Wellwood 2 goals in last two games. Pither picks up his first point (assist on Wellwood's PP goal). Phantoms gave up 46 shots and lost in OT 4-3 to Albany. Not going to win many giving up twice as many shots as you generate.

Comment

• Friday, October 29, 2010
                      Defenseman Nick Luukko has been placed on the 45-day injured reserved list with a broken bone in his forearm. He suffered the injury on a hit earlier this month in Des Moines. Luukko was a sixth-round draft choice of the Philadelphia Flyers this summer, and the NHL team is supervising his rehabilitation.

Comment

Working...
                      X