No announcement yet.

Mississippi Sea Wolves

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Mississippi Sea Wolves

The Flyers used them as their ECHL team this past year. I know it was only for one year. I looked at the ECHL website to see what was going on with them. According to the website, the Sea Wolves do not exist any more. I could not find anything on the website about it. Does anyone else have any info about this? I guess the Flyers will have to look for a new ECHL affiliation now. Thanks. Jay

This is a follow up to my last message. I have found an article about this from another website for the Sea Wolves. It says that they and the Dayton Bombers have suspended operations for the 2009-2010 season. The Sea wolves are now in the SPHL (a new league) and are renamed the Mississippi Surge. The ECHL has now only 19 teams. I think most of them are already affiliated with an NHL club. The Flyers, if they want a team, will probably have to share with another club. Thanks. Jay

My guess is that they will share the Wheeling Nailers with the Wilkes-Barre/Scranton Penguins. They are owned by the Brooks brothers who now own the Phantoms, so it would probably make sense for them to go in that direction.

The 09-2010 season got suspended for them.