X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New Allentown Arena/Phantom News

http://www.mcall.com/news/local/all-...,2811302.story

this appeared today
    ..."Hextall scored a goal in the empty net, and I don't know how he did it!!!!"

Wha? Aren't they the Adirondak Phantoms, owned and operated by business group from Pittsburgh? Aren't they sinking money into that venue to play host to the club?

This article seems like it's about 3 1/2 months too late and nobody told them the Phantoms have been sold.

Comment

Originally posted by john mustache View Post
      Wha? Aren't they the Adirondak Phantoms, owned and operated by business group from Pittsburgh? Aren't they sinking money into that venue to play host to the club?

This article seems like it's about 3 1/2 months too late and nobody told them the Phantoms have been sold.
      Not really. Its always pretty much been the plan (at least from my understanding) that the Adirondack thing is tentatively planned for 5 years max right now, with the eventual plan to be moving the team into the Allentown area.

Comment

The Phantoms gave Allentown/Bethlehem til August to come with arena proposals as they still want to be a little closer to Philly. That's what this article is speaking to.
        ..."Hextall scored a goal in the empty net, and I don't know how he did it!!!!"

Comment

Ah, I see. There is so much steel plant land up there along the river it's ridiculous. Except I don't know how much is actually inhabitable land?

I know the steel mill in Fairless Hills PA, is a toxic dump. There's miles of open land which is completely barren waste land. Such a huge huge environmental wasteland.

Comment

Working...
          X