Phantoms to play in Newark; full schedule soon

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Phantoms to play in Newark; full schedule soon

The Phantoms announced on Thursday that they’ll play a preaseason game at on Saturday, September 19 against the Lowell Devils at the Prudential Center in Newark. The game will be 4 p.m.

Nice chance for Philadelphia area fans to make the trip up the Jersey Turnpike — one I’ve made about 6,000 times in my life, incidentally *– to check out the team in person. I’ve heard the brand new building in Newark, “The Rock,” is a good venue.

In other news, the Phantoms say the full season schedule is “imminent,” meaning sometime in the next few days. Opening night is Oct. 3 at home.

The game against Lowell is the third announced preseason game. The Phantoms will play a home-and-home with the River Rats. Tickets for the game at the Civic Center on Sept. 25 are $10 for adults and $5 for kids under 14. As of now, they’re only available to partial or full season ticket holders. On Aug. 28, they’ll open up sales to everyone.

– Tim

More...

I was hoping that the AHL schedule would have been out by now. It normally has to wait for the NBA schedule to be released, as there are a few teams that share their building with NBA teams.

The NBA schedule is out, so come on, AHL -- follow suit!
    Read the Flyers Farm Team Chronicles: a long-distance Phantoms Phan's blog.
    sigpic

Comment

Any ideas where I could find tickets for the pre-season game in Newark? Nothing at all on the Prudential Center website or Lowell Devils site either.

Comment

I was hoping they would play a preseason game at the the Flyers Skate Zone in NE Philly but it doesn't look like it.

Donna, will you still be writting your blog?

Comment

Originally posted by Propper View Post
          Any ideas where I could find tickets for the pre-season game in Newark? Nothing at all on the Prudential Center website or Lowell Devils site either.
          Phantoms website?

Comment

Thanks 'stache, but their website is still a work in progress. No wonder the tickets are so cheap. You apparently have to go to the box office to buy them. The useless staff at the Prudential Center never answered any of my e-mails requesting info.

Comment

Originally posted by Paul View Post
              I was hoping they would play a preseason game at the the Flyers Skate Zone in NE Philly but it doesn't look like it.

Donna, will you still be writting your blog?
              I'm leaning toward starting a new one and keeping The Final Countdown as is. I originally started it as a record of our last season in Philly, so with that in mind, starting a new blog as a long-distance fan might be preferable.

When I have the link, I'll update both my regular blog and The Final Countdown with a link to the new blog.
              sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Propper View Post
                Thanks 'stache, but their website is still a work in progress. No wonder the tickets are so cheap. You apparently have to go to the box office to buy them. The useless staff at the Prudential Center never answered any of my e-mails requesting info.
                If it's any consolation, there will probably be tix available at the door. I can't imagine that an AHL preseason game would sell out the Prudential Center.
                sigpic

Comment

Good point, but now I'm even wondering if there is such a game taking place. No record of it anywhere else.

Comment

Working...
                  X