Phantoms postgame, Sept. 26: Rats 5, Phantoms 1

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Phantoms postgame, Sept. 26: Rats 5, Phantoms 1

I spent this*beautiful*fall Saturday locked up in my apartment cranking out stories for our season preview section. So sports editor — and former longtime Adirondack Red Wings beat writer — Greg Brownell took the trip down to Albany in my place.

You can read his report on the unimpressive 5-1 loss here. According to Greg’s story, it seems the Phantoms again struggled defensively, getting out shot badly. Except unlike Friday night, Johan Backlund wasn’t in goal to bail them out.

Not sure what to make of the defensive struggles. It is preseason, so I can’t take too much stock in it, but aside from the potential of Randy Jones or Danny Syvret, I don’t see a whole lot of blue line help on the way. Most of the cuts the Flyers have remaining will be forwards.

Speaking of Backlund, Flyers backup goalie Boucher was injured in the Flyers 1-0 loss to the New Jersey Devils on Saturday. Flyers coach John Stevens said it didn’t appear serious, but if Boucher were on the shelf for any time, Backlund will be heading to Philadelphia.

– Tim

More...
Working...
X