Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Phantoms make several roster moves

Busy day on the roster front.

As expected, the Flyers officially signed veteran defenseman Randy Jones to the Phantoms. He had cleared waivers earlier in the week.

More unexpectedly, the Flyers have recalled defenseman Marc-Andre Bourdon and goalie Mike Teslak. Bourdon will be the seventh defenseman on Saturday for the Flyers after an injury to Olle-Kristian Tollefson this week. Tollefson can return as soon as Sunday. Bourdon is not likely to play. Teslak will be the third goalie.

The Phantoms also assigned defenseman David Sloane to their ECHL affiliate in Kalamazoo and cut forward Tomas Sinisalo.

By my rough count, that puts the Phantoms at 24 players, meaning one more cut is remaining. I’ll be back later with a more detailed roster breakdown. Don’t forget, live chat tonight at 8 p.m. See the link under the blog.

– Tim

More...

Originally posted by Ghost Dude View Post
    Busy day on the roster front.

As expected, the Flyers officially signed veteran defenseman Randy Jones to the Phantoms. He had cleared waivers earlier in the week.

More unexpectedly, the Flyers have recalled defenseman Marc-Andre Bourdon and goalie Mike Teslak. Bourdon will be the seventh defenseman on Saturday for the Flyers after an injury to Olle-Kristian Tollefson this week. Tollefson can return as soon as Sunday. Bourdon is not likely to play. Teslak will be the third goalie.

The Phantoms also assigned defenseman David Sloane to their ECHL affiliate in Kalamazoo and cut forward Tomas Sinisalo.

By my rough count, that puts the Phantoms at 24 players, meaning one more cut is remaining. Iíll be back later with a more detailed roster breakdown. Donít forget, live chat tonight at 8 p.m. See the link under the blog.

Ė Tim

More...
    AHL rosters are unlimited, unless they changed that rule since last season. At one point one of these last few seasons we were carrying close to 30 guys.

Comment

Working...
    X