No announcement yet.

Pregame: Phantoms vs. Albany

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Pregame: Phantoms vs. Albany

Just a little more than 12 hours later, we’re back at it at the Civic Center in the return game of a home-and-home with Albany. Couple of news items off the bat: Pat Maroon is out of the hospital and here, reportedly wearing a sling. I haven’t seen him yet.* UPDATE: Maroon apparently has left. Nicolas Blanchard is not playing today, pending league review of the hit.

I’ll be updating this throughout the game, so keep hitting refresh for the latest updates. Or you can follow my Twitter feed (@PSPhantoms).

John Grahame led the team out on the ice for warmups, meaning he’s likely the starter in goal. Johan Backlund has won three in a row. Krys Kolanos, a healthy scratch in the last three, is skating in warmups.

To set the scene aside from the hit, last night’s win was a big one. The Phantoms have won five of their last seven. Maybe the corner is turned at last? They moved into a tie with Binghamton for fourth place in the East Division and trail Wilkes-Barre/Scranton by six points for third place, but have three games in hand.