Phantoms 0, Albany 0 (1st period)

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Phantoms 0, Albany 0 (1st period)

A lot of celebration here tonight in Albany as fans celebrate the last regular season home game for the River Rats. They are to move to Charlotte next season.

For the Phantoms, it’s another chance to evaluate some new guys before the season ends. This is the game you’ve been waiting for as everyone plays. I’ll be updating this post all game, so hit refresh for the latest updates. You can also follow along on Twitter (@PSPhantoms). The game is on the radio at 101.7 FM and streaming online at phantomshockey.com.

First period

16:36: Now the Rats get a chance as Ben Holmstrom gets a call for slashing. First minor penalty of his pro carer.

19:33: Ian Croft picks up where he left off last night, calling penalties against the Phantoms opposition. *Early Adirondack power play.

Pregame

– Jerome Samson getting his player of the month award. I give MVP of Phantoms opponents.

– Albany honoring owner Walter Robb, who sold the team this year.

– Stewart wears 47, Valery-Trabucco 39, Clackson 27.

– Brian Stewart will make his AHL debut as the Phantoms’ starting goalie.

– Syvret plays for first time since Jan. C. Clackson, Valery-Trabucco to make AHL debuts.

Scratches: Teslak, Lehtivuori, Bourdon, Sloane, Bodrov, Klotz, Clackson, Ward, Dingle, Beaulieu, Bellamy.

– Danny Syvret skated in warmups. I believe he was ready last night but they felt this was a better spot than throwing him in against a Syracuse team that likes to go for the body.

– Mario Valery-Trabucco, Chris Clackson, Shane Harper and Erik Gustafsson all skated in warmups.

– Jeremy Duchesne and Brian Stewart, clad in green pads and helmet, are the goalies dressed.

More...
Working...
X