No announcement yet.

The newest Phantoms

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The newest Phantoms

Hello all, great to be back after about 10 days away. My one sentence summation of my vacation: white water rafting — dangerous; Chicago — awesome; West Virginia — hot.

While I was away, the Flyers made a couple of the veteran-type moves we’ve all been waiting to see. The moves were reported by, which is the authority on adding contracts for these minor moves. The Flyers*haven’t released confirmation on the signings. Some teams announce these officially as they go, others, like the Flyers, wait to do them all at once.

Per CapGeek, the new signings are defenseman Dan Jancevski*and forward Greg Moore. Both are solid additions, particularly Jancevski, who will make what’s likely to be a club-high $225,000 in the AHL, per CapGeek.

Jancevski played 78 games last season with the Texas Stars, who lost in the Calder Cup Finals to Hershey. At 6-foot-3, 212 pounds, he’ll fill the void left by big defensemen Joey Mormina and Sean Curry.*He had three goals and 20 assists, 71 penalty minutes, and was a +17.

Moore is a five-year veteran in the AHL, playing the bulk of his games with Hartford. He*scored 19 goals in 78 games split*between*Bridgeport and Syracuse last season. He’s also made a handful of appearances in the NHL. He’s twice scored more than 20 goals in the AHL. He’s your replacement for Jared Ross at center and possibly, as captain. His AHL deal is worth $105,000 according to CapGeek.

Good to see the Flyers get on the board and bolster what was to be a very young AHL roster.

– Tim