No announcement yet.

Terrible news - Ogie/Frank passed away

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Likewise, hardly ever posted, but always read and was rightfully amused and entertained by Ogie's posts.
    Stay strong, Annette and the family. RIP Ogie. Per ardua ad astra.

Comment

• RIP Frank,

That's awful. To pass away at such a young age, way before his time. My sympathies to his girlfriend/family and hope they are strong in this very difficult time.

God takes the good ones for no reason.

Comment

• Anybody going to the game tomorrow that can make a R.I.P. Ogie sign from the O and B

Comment

• Just an FYI...I just emailed Jim Jackson and asked if they could recognize Ogie's passing tomorrow. I have no idea if it is possible, but I thought it was worth a shot. Hopefully none of you think this is out of line. I'll let you guys know if I hear anything.
          It's me, the Orange and Black's favorite soccer mom.

Comment

• Originally posted by Anth View Post
            I was stunned late last night when I heard the news. Frank and I butted heads and fought tooth and nail over some silly silly **** but we always agreed on the most important things whether it was hockey or real world. He was genuine in his willingness to help - if he offered it he meant it.

We traded phone calls for a while during the Flyers ECF run under Stevens. Those conversations are the Ogie I'll remember. We were too much alike on the board and that made it fun and frustrating. If we could just convince the other they were wrong...somehow it would fix the situation with the team, the league...We entertained and frustrated a lot of people with our routine..that seems typical for 2 Feltonville kids..

For his family, his kids...I still can't really put it all together. My thoughts are with them...Frank made a mark on a lot of people over the years, he'll never really leave this place not until we're all with him...

Thanks Frank, for the fun times, the fights...the whole thing - being fans and friends sometimes means things get heated. It wouldn't have been the same without that kind of spark.

Anthony/CJ/Rev...
            Glad to see you back, shame it's on these terms.

Comment

• Originally posted by Brown21 View Post
              Just an FYI...I just emailed Jim Jackson and asked if they could recognize Ogie's passing tomorrow. I have no idea if it is possible, but I thought it was worth a shot. Hopefully none of you think this is out of line. I'll let you guys know if I hear anything.
              Man that would be great if he reads and says something. Just awesome, not out of line.

Comment

• damn shame

my deepest sympathy goes out to his family.
                Stuck in the 70's... IN HOMER WE TRUST....bwahhh hahaha

Comment

• I never post as well, but have read this board for years. Really enjoyed Ogie's posts and reponses. He is a diehard Flyers fan forever. His family and O&B freinds are in my prayers.

Comment

• I was saddened to hear such shocking news.When I first started posting on this site Ogie treated me with class with any problem I had signing on or whatever.My sincere condolences to Annette and Ogies family,and I would like to say that Ogies passion for life and the Flyers was a part of what keeps all of us coming back to this site.I am grateful to have a place where fellow Flyers fans can share in the ups and downs of Flyers hockey.
                    I always respected and appreciated Ogies passion for the Flyers ,you will be greatly missed.This site is and always will be a part of you.
                    Rest in peace my friend.
                    sigpicPhiladelphia Flyers: Home of future Stanley Cup Champions on other teams.

Comment

• Originally posted by Brown21 View Post
                      Just an FYI...I just emailed Jim Jackson and asked if they could recognize Ogie's passing tomorrow. I have no idea if it is possible, but I thought it was worth a shot. Hopefully none of you think this is out of line. I'll let you guys know if I hear anything.
                      That's awesome!

Comment

Working...
                      X