• Show
Clear All

• MEMORIAL FOR FRANK THORPE TO CELEBRATE HIS LIFE

INGERSOL-GREENWOOD FUNERAL HOME
    1201 CENTRAL AVENUE
    NORTH WILDWOOD, NJ 08260

SATURDAY, JANUARY 15, 2011
    10AM - 12PM

All are welcome to come and share their memories of Frank. In lieu of flowers a trust fund is being set up for Frank's children, Katie and Sean.

More information to follow.
    If you have never contemplated murder....you have never been divorced. - Christopher Titus

Comment

• Rest in Peace, Frank. I also was one of the board members who met him at a game in Phoenix a few seasons ago and he seemed like a great guy and very devoted to his kids.

Comment

• I used to fight with Ogie all the time back in 01/02. When it comes to MB's I am just as thick headed as he is...LOL. But people need to understand that who you fight with online is not the person you sit across from in "real life".

My heart goes out to Annette and his children. I am so sorry for your loss.

I hope Ogie is bothering the big man to finally let the Flyers win it all. RIP Frank, you will be missed.

Comment

• I mostly read but post occasionally. I haven't come in to read for a few days and wow was I shocked to see this post at the top.

this site is a worse place without Ogie.

We are the same age and I was sad to read he left kids behind. I will go and find my son (wearing his Flyers gear we wear on game days) and give him a big hug.

We all sometimes forget the important things in life.

RIP and God Bless
          Last edited by Eric88; 01-08-2011, 07:58 PM.

Comment

• Wow. I've been on this board since the late 90's I think, and that guy was a fixture, my condolences to his Family, and He will be greatly missed here.

Comment

• I was shocked to read this. Then I was too sad to post anything. He was very opinionated and a hardcore Flyers fan. He will be missed a lot.

My condolences to his family especially to his wife and children.

R.I.P. Ogie.
              Can it be any worse than sinking $51M into an average goalie?
              Holmgren bid against himself. As usual, he went the impulsive route instead of being patient. There was no market for goalies last summer. On top of that, he locked himself in for 9 years and a NMC. The probability of failure is so high when you do that.

"I might be mistaken, but I'm never gonna be wrong." -Charles Barkley

Comment

• My condolences to his wife and children. I'll be praying for you!

Comment

• Still can't believe this.

Its funny how being on these boards over the years connects you to people who you have never even met in such strong ways.

I think reality is starting to set in and the realization that Ogie just won't be around is really sinking in.

Just seems so surreal.

Comment

• Originally posted by polar bear View Post
                    Still can't believe this.

Its funny how being on these boards over the years connects you to people who you have never even met in such strong ways.

I think reality is starting to set in and the realization that Ogie just won't be around is really sinking in.

Just seems so surreal.
                    I hear ya...dunno if things will be the same..on board...in chat...who will boot or silence Edm and blame evee

Just won't be the same

Comment

• Originally posted by M13 View Post
                      I hear ya...dunno if things will be the same..on board...in chat...who will boot or silence Edm and blame evee

Just won't be the same
                      I'll cover that...lol

Comment

Working...
                      X