Terrible news - Ogie/Frank passed away

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by flyerdog View Post
    Seems very strange Mike...It's possible he had a heart condition that no one knew about..or even severe sleep apnea....I'm still in shock over this...From now on this borad will never be the same.

I was hoping to attend the service as I was going to be in Philly this weekend, but my plans were cancelled. Please send his family my thoughts, even though They don'nt know me at all.
    Unfortunately I'm not going to be able to make it either. I have some family obligations and it's about a two hour drive to Wildwood. I do plan on donating to his children's fund, though.

They didn't find anything with his heart or brain, it's a big mystery apparently.
    Mike Barr, Founder

Comment

• man that is scary and strange thanx again
      We having fun yet

Comment

• Originally posted by Mike Barr View Post
        Unfortunately I'm not going to be able to make it either. I have some family obligations and it's about a two hour drive to Wildwood. I do plan on donating to his children's fund, though.

They didn't find anything with his heart or brain, it's a big mystery apparently.
        Man that is strange and scary

Comment

• WOW!

Been a member for years and years. Actually had to join a second time because my original membership went haywire in the early days. I am in utter disbelief. Flyers lost a wacky one against the B's tonight and I hadn't dropped by in I don't know how long. Read the post from start to finish and I am in total shock. I am 45 and I have come to realize oh how precious life is. God Bless you Ogie. I hope the boys can bring it home for you this year.
          RANGERS SUCK!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Comment

• Still can't find an Obit...

Comment

• For the first time in my life, I'm speechless. I can't believe this. Ogie and I have battled on this news board for a long long time. Hell, he suspended me on multiple occasions, but always eventually let me back on...with a little assistance from Barr I assume. Never met him, but always enjoyed trading emails and insults with him. I always liked his style. This is truly awful. He was one of the pillars of this online community.

Comment

• wow, I haven't posted here in about a years time, and I was looking forward to some banter with Ogie & Salzy about the Leafs struggles....this is awful.

We didn't argee on much, but he had a respected opinion and was a worthy debate adversary.

My condolences to his family.

Rick.

http://www.SportBunker.com

Sports news, NHL Trade Rumors & Writer Columns

Comment

• http://www.phillyburbs.com/news/loca...is-thorpe.html

Francis Thorpe

Bucks County Courier Times

Francis Thorpe of Shawcrest, N.J., passed away suddenly Wednesday, Jan. 5, 2011. He was 40.

He was the beloved father of Kaitlin Rose and Sean. He also is survived by his parent, William F. and Virginia Thorpe; two brothers, William Thorpe (Faith) and Chistopher W. Thorpe (Carleen); two sisters, Nicole Gausz (Ari) and Trisha M. McFarlin (Travis); and several nieces and nephews.

Celebration of his life will be Saturday, Jan. 15, with calling hours from 10 a.m. until the time of his service at noon in the Ingersoll-Greenwood Funeral Home, 1201 Central Ave., North Wildwood, N.J.

In lieu of flowers, family requests donations in his name to 'The Thorpe Family Fund' c/o TD Bank, 340 West Rio Grande Ave., Wildwood, NJ 08260. Ingersoll Greenwood Funeral Home,

North Wildwood, N.J.

January 12, 2011 2:50 AM

http://www.phillyburbs.com/news/loca...ty-lapses.html

Pieces are in place for the future. We still need a top pairing defenseman and a scoring winger. Doesn't look like we are going to get anything from Free Agency or a trade due to our cap limitations. Development years ahead.

Comment

• Still haven't quite come to terms with this. Frank and I went to the same high school, though I graduated about six years later than he did. I never met Frank, but I always felt a sort of kinship with him because we're from the same neighborhood, and I loved kidding him via PM that his "ill-formed" opinions were due to his cut-rate public school education.

RIP Frank. I didn't agree with you very often, but I always respected what you accomplished around here.

Comment

• Thanks evee It wasn't showing up on searches, or in the philly paper, but did appear on Philly.com this weekend.

Comment

Working...
                      X