No announcement yet.

Terrible news - Ogie/Frank passed away

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• RIP Ogie. 40 is way too young. This is a shock. I don't post much but obviously have read many, many of his posts over the last decade.

Comment

• I am very sad to hear of Franks passing and only 40 years old.
      My condolences to his loved ones and his children especialy.
      I will have fond memories of battles with Ogie, playing him in the B & O FF league or just shooting the breeze with him.
      He will be sorely missed.
      Rest in Peace.

Comment

• miss you man!! think about you everyday

Comment

• Originally posted by flyersdjh View Post
          miss you man!! think about you everyday
          Yeah, I sure miss his input. Whether you agreed with him or not he had some insightful posts.

Comment

• I just heard from Netty that the memorial bricks will be ready this fall. Ogie gets a brick on that walkway and Netty and the kids will get replicas.

http://www.wellsfargocenterphilly.com/bricks.aspx

Frank Thorpe
            Ogie 1970-2011
            Pieces are in place for the future. We still need a top pairing defenseman and a scoring winger. Doesn't look like we are going to get anything from Free Agency or a trade due to our cap limitations. Development years ahead.

Comment

• Rest in Peace Frank. He was, above all, an amazing father devoted to his children like no other person I have ever known. </3. God bless his family and him. I am deeply saddened by this news.

Comment

• I've been away a while but came back to check out the site because of the Winter Classic.

I wanted to extend my sincere sympathies to the O&B community on the passing of Frank "Ogie" Thorpe. He and I has some heated e-mails and discussions over the years, but we were always civil to one another. I am sorry I never got a chance to meet him or attend a Rangers-Flyers game with him.

Prayers to his family and condolences to his friends in the Flyers community.

Comment

Working...
                X