Terrible news - Ogie/Frank passed away

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Mike Barr View Post
    I'm in complete shock. Just read this as I'm at work and extremely busy. Like others I was thinking this had to be a sick joke. I've obviously known Frank for a number of years, have spoken to him on the phone but never met in person (now a true regret).

I can't believe he's gone. Frank was a great guy. I honestly don't know what to say, other than I'm so sorry for his family, especially the kids. Horrible, just horrible.
    I called him last year when we were having issues keeping the site up during playoff games for instruction on resetting the server and we ended up talking hockey for and hour. He truly was a great guy, I'm going to miss talking about hockey and fishing with him.
    Last edited by Mike Barr; 01-06-2011, 04:07 PM. Reason: typo on smilie

Comment

that's a terrible shame. wow, just saw him posting. Rip Frank.
      ..."Hextall scored a goal in the empty net, and I don't know how he did it!!!!"

Comment

RIP. Wow that is very sad. I loved reading his posts and loved how he always told it like it was no matter how unpopular his opinion might be.

Comment

RIP Ogie.

Speechless.

Comment

oh god.... thats terrible news... enjoyed his views very very much.... heres to u my o & b commrade.... you will be missed.... my thoughts and prayers go out to his entire family and friends...

Comment

this is annette/netty, Ogie AZ/Frank's girlfriend. i have loved reading the responses so quickly posted on Orange and Black for his family and myself. his passing was sudden and at a very young age of 40 -- so unexpected in fact that he was still signed on here, his facebook, etc. i would love to share all of these beautiful messages with his family, please keep posting. his love for life and for hockey has truly touched the world.
              If you have never contemplated murder....you have never been divorced. - Christopher Titus

Comment

i am truly truly sorry for your loss.....unreal......

Comment

For a second when I saw this signature under new posts, I was hoping it was Ogie telling us it was a joke. Annette my prayers are with you and Frank's children, may God give all of you peace in this sad time.

Comment

Originally posted by Ogie View Post
                    this is annette/netty, Ogie AZ/Frank's girlfriend. i have loved reading the responses so quickly posted on Orange and Black for his family and myself. his passing was sudden and at a very young age of 40 -- so unexpected in fact that he was still signed on here, his facebook, etc. i would love to share all of these beautiful messages with his family, please keep posting. his love for life and for hockey has truly touched the world.
                    My deepest condolences, Annette. I can't believe this is real. I go way back with Frank having started this site and passed it off to him the first time he took over. He was a great person and I considered him a friend even though we never had the pleasure of meeting face to face. Truly shocking. I can't imagine what you and his kids are going through.
                    Mike Barr, Founder

Comment

RIP Ogie

While not being an incredibly active poster...I was an avid reader and Ogie contributed a great deal...he will be missed...

My thoughts are with you Annette and Ogie's family...
                      "Success requires no explanation.
                      Failure presents no alibi".
                      -Fred Shero

"what did lavy say..."need more jam?" he's a ****ing sesame street character..the jelly monster"
                      -Rev Bully

Comment

Working...
                      X