Terrible news - Ogie/Frank passed away

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by swami24 View Post
    Unless anyone knows of a charity that he supported, then wouldn't the Flyers Wives Fight for Lives be a logical choice?
    yes it would.

In a world gone mad, we will not spank the monkey, but the monkey will spank us...

Comment

I just learned of the horrible news. My condolences go out to Frank's GF and his kids.

Comment

Originally posted by Bill Meltzer View Post
        I just learned of the horrible news. My condolences go out to Frank's GF and his kids.
        Can you give a shoutout in hockeybuzz, Bill?
        If it ain't orange, black, and white, punch, hit, and fight.

Comment

The Flyers Wives site has a way to use Paypal to make donations on the Flyers site, but unfortunately, it does not have a comment block to attach to the donation. I did not see an email addy either, but it looks like the (the Wives) do have a Facebook account.

If someone would be willing to receive PMs with the donors name, email and amount, That person could put all the names in a list, and either get it to their facebook (I do not do facebook), or find a way to email it. A note could say these people donated in Ogie's name, and a little bio. My thinking is the advantage would be that no one would have to handle any money.

Comment

Still shocked, stunned and in utter disbelief. Frank was a great guy and a friend in spite of the fact that we talked many, many times online and by email, and just a few times by phone but never got around to meeting in person. Great guy who will be missed by the friends he's made all over the world.

RIP Frank.

Comment

Originally posted by swami24 View Post
              Unless anyone knows of a charity that he supported, then wouldn't the Flyers Wives Fight for Lives be a logical choice?
              I say collect for Annette and/or the kids. Then she can decide if they need it or she can give it to who she thinks is appropriate.

While Im not a frequent poster, I do read ever day
              Sometimes Ogie made me mad, other times he made me laugh.
              Isnt that what friends do?

Say Hi to Pelle.
              Old Scott Hartnell for New Scott Hartnell has been our best trade in years

Comment

I'd be interested in the donation thing..keep us informed plz

Comment

Originally posted by Cynical View Post
                  I say collect for Annette and/or the kids. Then she can decide if they need it or she can give it to who she thinks is appropriate.

While Im not a frequent poster, I do read ever day
                  Sometimes Ogie made me mad, other times he made me laugh.
                  Isnt that what friends do?

Say Hi to Pelle.
                  And say hi to Jeff Lamana of FP.com.
                  If it ain't orange, black, and white, punch, hit, and fight.

Comment

Like everyone else, I am shocked. Ogie was probably the one person I most agreed with on these forums. I will absolutely miss his contributions and his honesty. I will include him in my prayers.

Comment

Shocking news - RIP Frank.

I had the pleasure of going to 2 games with Frank in Arizona a few years back. It was great meeting him in person and his depth of knowledge never ended. His son was at one of the games with us. Very loving and caring father. My thoughts and prayers are with him and his entire family.

Comment

Working...
                      X