X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• evee1234
    started a topic Terrible news - Ogie/Frank passed away

Terrible news - Ogie/Frank passed away

I received a message from Annette, Franks girlfriend that Frank/Ogie passed away last night from unknown causes. This is one of the hardest things for me to post and I really find it hard to believe, still in a bit of shock over the news. My thoughts are with Franks family especially his children that were the center of his world. My deepest condolences go out to Annette and Franks family.

O & B will never be the same.

• RangersRule
    replied
    I've been away a while but came back to check out the site because of the Winter Classic.

I wanted to extend my sincere sympathies to the O&B community on the passing of Frank "Ogie" Thorpe. He and I has some heated e-mails and discussions over the years, but we were always civil to one another. I am sorry I never got a chance to meet him or attend a Rangers-Flyers game with him.

Prayers to his family and condolences to his friends in the Flyers community.

Leave a comment:

• orangeone
    replied
    Rest in Peace Frank. He was, above all, an amazing father devoted to his children like no other person I have ever known. </3. God bless his family and him. I am deeply saddened by this news.

Leave a comment:

• evee1234
    replied
    I just heard from Netty that the memorial bricks will be ready this fall. Ogie gets a brick on that walkway and Netty and the kids will get replicas.

http://www.wellsfargocenterphilly.com/bricks.aspx

Frank Thorpe
    Ogie 1970-2011

Leave a comment:

• alxhj
    replied
    Originally posted by flyersdjh View Post
    miss you man!! think about you everyday
    Yeah, I sure miss his input. Whether you agreed with him or not he had some insightful posts.

Leave a comment:

• flyersdjh
    replied
    miss you man!! think about you everyday

Leave a comment:

• MapleMan
    replied
    I am very sad to hear of Franks passing and only 40 years old.
    My condolences to his loved ones and his children especialy.
    I will have fond memories of battles with Ogie, playing him in the B & O FF league or just shooting the breeze with him.
    He will be sorely missed.
    Rest in Peace.

Leave a comment:

• CoyoteX68
    replied
    RIP Ogie. 40 is way too young. This is a shock. I don't post much but obviously have read many, many of his posts over the last decade.

Leave a comment:

• iheartcarter
    replied
    I know I'm not around much anymore either, but it's awesome to see members from across the years that I've gotten to know come together at a time like this.

RIP Frank. You had a quite a family here at O&B. My thoughts are with Annette and his family.

Leave a comment:

• Illini Flyer
    replied
    Wow! This is unbelievable. I popped in during the game tonight and saw the RIP on the banner and was just stunned! RIP Ogie, you were a good man!

Leave a comment:

Working...
X