Memorial for Frank

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Memorial for Frank

We have been hashing out some ideas for a memorial of sorts for Frank/Ogie. I do not know what they have in Philadelphia for this type of thing. Can you purchase an engraved brick or something like that? Something that can be done in terms of the team would be great. Some ideas were the Flyers Wives charity, an engraved brick or plaque, etc.

I know many here have offered to assist in some way. Maybe we can put a paypal button in for donations to Netty/Franks kids. I don't know, living where I do makes it difficult to know what types of things are available. Just looking for ideas at this point to see what we can do.

Please post your thoughts and ideas here and we will see what we can accomplish.

Thanks
    Pieces are in place for the future. We still need a top pairing defenseman and a scoring winger. Doesn't look like we are going to get anything from Free Agency or a trade due to our cap limitations. Development years ahead.

No Obit is out there, which would make it easier to know if he had a chairty of choice.

In the other thread I posted that if you go to Comcast-Spectorcore Charity foundation, you can make the doantion in memory of someone, then add a note that you want it to go to the wives. You will get a thank you email with an email address of someone that you could then send an additional not to with anything else you wanted to add regarding the donation.

Comment

I don't know if you can still buy engraved bricks down there. I haven't seen them put any new ones in for a while now. That would be the best idea I think though.

Saying something like "RIP Frank 'Ogie' Thorpe, Your Friends at O&B" or something...

Comment

http://www.wellsfargocenterphilly.com/bricks.aspx

Comment

I really like this idea, I have passed along the information to Annette. Thanks Ceez.
          Pieces are in place for the future. We still need a top pairing defenseman and a scoring winger. Doesn't look like we are going to get anything from Free Agency or a trade due to our cap limitations. Development years ahead.

Comment

I'll definitely donate toward that and anything else that would help.

Comment

In lieu of flowers a trust fund is being set up for Frank's children, Katie and Sean.
              IMO , this is where any monies should go.
              Old Scott Hartnell for New Scott Hartnell has been our best trade in years

Comment

I agree any monies donates should go to his family. I will cover the cost of the brick and replicas on behalf of the board.

For the brick we are allowed 15 characters/line on 2 lines, Netty suggested something like this.

F "Ogie" Thorpe
                1970-2011 O&B

or

Frank Thorpe
                OrangeAndBlack

Please provide your ideas.

Frank Thorpe
                1970-2011 O&B

Comment

Hey just out of curiosity. I was looking at his profile today hoping he had a pic or something, just kinda to put a face with him. Anyway, it said Tennesse. Wasnt he in Arizona?

Comment

I think either of those would be good evee

Comment

Working...
                    X