Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Apparently no Flyer lineup changes for Game 2...

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• behn3
    started a topic Apparently no Flyer lineup changes for Game 2...

Apparently no Flyer lineup changes for Game 2...

...Hakstol apparently liked what he saw from his squad in Game 1, so no need for any changes!

• alxhj
    replied
    Wiese provided just what I thought he would in the final two games, and it was something we needed. He's an expensive 4th liner, but then again so is Lehtera. Not saying Wiese was/is a savior, but he brings a physical element sorely needed on this team. All that being said, I'm proud of the life the team showed in the final two games, I think Coots playing hurt like that was a huge morale booster. My opinion hasn't changed on two things though; I still think Hak makes bad personnel and strategic decisions (like the 4th line and 3rd pairing getting very little ice time in the 3rd) and the officiating in this series was absolutely horrid. Yesterday the Penguins officially became the Dallas Cowboys of the NHL when it comes to getting breaks from officials. Pretty coincidental that everytime the officials let the boys play, the Flyers did great, so the officials started making bullshit calls in succeeding periods to tilt the ice in the Pens favor.

Leave a comment:

• PinkFloydFreak87
    replied
    Originally posted by Niittyzus View Post
    How many years does Gudas have left? After today I don't ever want to see him on the ice as a Flyer again.
    1 year. [EDIT: 2 years. f*ck.] Even if Morin makes the roster, we'll probably see Gudas consistently dressed if Hakstol is still the coach, since he said all year this season that he doesn't want 6 left-handed D men dressed.

Ideally though Morin plays well enough next season that Gudas is the regular #7 and Manning won't be resigned. Manning won't be in an NHL top 6 barring injuries next season, just like Vandevelde had to sign in the SM-Liga this year after 2 seasons of 79 and 81 games played with the Flyers. Manning and Vandevelde are both 2 damning examples of Hakstol's ineptitude imo.
    Last edited by PinkFloydFreak87; 04-22-2018, 08:20 PM.

Leave a comment:

• Niittyzus
    replied
    How many years does Gudas have left? After today I don't ever want to see him on the ice as a Flyer again.

Leave a comment:

• PinkFloydFreak87
    replied
    Originally posted by toothless joe View Post
    This is all bullsh*t. Wiese, Read, Filp, Gudas, need to go. Times got to change, now?
    Read and Filp won't be resigned. Assuming they let Manning walk, next season probably starts with Provorov, Gostisbehere, Sanheim, Hagg, Macdonald, Gudas as top 6. Hopefully Morin impresses enough in camp to make Gudas the 7. Nobody is going to take Weise with 2 years on his deal after the season he just had. Let him ride the bench next season and maybe buy him out for the last year of his deal.

Leave a comment:

• toothless joe
    replied
    This is all bullsh*t. Wiese, Read, Filp, Gudas, need to go. Times got to change, now?

Leave a comment:

• clumsysnake
    replied
    Originally posted by alxhj View Post

You may dislike Wiese but he has played well in playoff appearances for multiple teams, I'll take him over Read.
    Well Wiese has looked pretty decent in a limited energy role. He's just forechecking hard and getting off the ice. Glad to have Read also tho.

Leave a comment:

• alxhj
    replied
    I'm beginning to wonder if Hakstol is secretly working for the Penguins.

Leave a comment:

• toothless joe
    replied
    I think that I would like to see an ugly loss, Friday night. a bit of an exclamation point is in order. I am not convinced Hextall is ready to make a coaching change. A blowout might change his mindset!

Leave a comment:

• alxhj
    replied
    Originally posted by Hexy's Axe View Post

Dead serious....Cause Sanheim has been the problem....

I also read somewhere that Filppula was the 2nd worst regular forward in hockey (in 5 v 5 mins) for corsi & expected goals.
    There are no words

Leave a comment:

Working...
X