No announcement yet.

Center Ice or NHL.com

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I had center ice for 15 years then switched to nhl tv two seasons ago because on xfinity center ice only one game a night was in HD. Now I see last year xfinity center ice had HD beta for all games but recording was not active. I assume this is as DVR. I can see in my channel lineup it is set for me this year but it appears to be more of an APp then 15 dedicates chamnels like center ice . has anyone used this on xfinity? I like the streamjng of NHL tv but the quality seemed an issue at times last year. They each seem to have advantages but I want consistency of HD and being able to watch when I want. I know on NHL tv I can watch live, 30 minutes late ot
    the next day

Comment

Originally posted by PinkFloydFreak87 View Post

Is the 48 hour wait period only for in market games? That's what I wasn't sure about. Living in the philly market, if I'm not home and miss the game on TV, I can't pull it up and watch on NHLTV until it's been 2 days.
      I believe so. You wouldn’t be able to see philly games and games on NBC sports or NHL network for 48 hours.

Comment

Thanks for all of the insight and information, guys!
        "Perry the Platypus! I swear, of all the aquatic mammals I hang with, you are TRULY the most uncooperative!" - Dr. Doofenshmirtz

Comment

Originally posted by Hattrix View Post
          Living where I do, NYR, NYI, and NJD games would be blacked out, but I'll see them on the MSG network... So no issues about missing games.

Which service should I order to watch the games?
          Does NHL.com have a DVR option?

Can anyone give their Pros/Cons?
          Center Ice is arguably better quality, but for the price, I go with NHL.com, and with them, you can always watch games the next day if you miss, Center Ice usually has them the same day, sometimes even a couple of hours after the game goes final.

Comment

How much is nhl.com?

Comment

Is nhl.tv and nhl.com different?

Comment

Originally posted by toothless joe View Post
                Is nhl.tv and nhl.com different?
                Yes. It really is NHL.tv but I access it thru nhl app. I want to say it was $140 for the full season. However last year they added a few slimed down options. The $140 was everything but in market games. I want to say they added an option where it was less if you wanted a season pass for a specific team, so for example if you live in Florida and only wanted the flyers games, only those would be available . I tried to fimd
                the pricing last night and could only see an option for some summer promo given access to playoff games. Maybe cause I was looking on app

Comment

Originally posted by CLJ View Post

Yes. It really is NHL.tv but I access it thru nhl app. I want to say it was $140 for the full season. However last year they added a few slimed down options. The $140 was everything but in market games. I want to say they added an option where it was less if you wanted a season pass for a specific team, so for example if you live in Florida and only wanted the flyers games, only those would be available . I tried to fimd
                  the pricing last night and could only see an option for some summer promo given access to playoff games. Maybe cause I was looking on app
                  Nah it's the same via a regular browser - guess they haven't released this season's pricing yet.

Someone mentioned VPNing to a European country to get around the blackout issues - just be aware that you'll need to use a country that doesn't have a channel showing NHL as (for example) if the game is being shown in Premier Sports in the UK (Pay TV sports channel) then the game will be blacked out to UK users of NHL.tv

Bear in mind that the 1PM Eastern games are popular with European broadcasters (6/7pm our time) - which is why I'm not subscribing to NHL.tv 'cos a lot of the Flyers games I can watch without staying up until 3am are blacked out anyway. Reddit stream links rule
                  Last edited by Gethin; 08-15-2018, 11:25 AM.

Comment

Appreciate the replies, fellas! All the Best!

Comment

something I don't understand though...how can the NHL supersede the agreements in place with providers? Comcast and DirecTV offer Center Ice as an option..but it seems that NHL streaming would be in direct competition...can someone explain this?

Comment

Working...
                      X