X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hattrix
    started a topic Center Ice or NHL.com

Center Ice or NHL.com

Living where I do, NYR, NYI, and NJD games would be blacked out, but I'll see them on the MSG network... So no issues about missing games.

Which service should I order to watch the games?
    Does NHL.com have a DVR option?

Can anyone give their Pros/Cons?

• Hattrix
    replied
    Originally posted by dogzus View Post
    That sucks about YouTube.

NHL.tv has a short period where you can cancel and get your money back. Should be long enough to make sure the VPN is OK. Hasn't been a problem yet.
    That's a great idea.... I'll subscribe just before to see how it all works.

Leave a comment:

• irvdog
    replied
    NHL centre ice ( in Canada) on sale right now for 179.00

Leave a comment:

• dogzus
    replied
    That sucks about YouTube.

NHL.tv has a short period where you can cancel and get your money back. Should be long enough to make sure the VPN is OK. Hasn't been a problem yet.

Leave a comment:

• Hattrix
    replied
    1. In market - no cable
    If I get NHL.com I'm worried about the VPN being detected and then I'll be stuck not being able to see any NJ, NYR, NYI or home PHI games.

My YouTube TV subscription sees that I'm on a VPN and it won't let me watch TV.

Leave a comment:

• Strohs72
    replied
    3 out of market no cable - easily the best choice is NHL Gamecentre Live app. Great quality feeds, watch wherever whenever on whatever you want ... replays are automatically archived for watching at a later date ... blackouts are rarely a problem and usually can be fixed with a VPN

You could watch on reddit I suppose but itís kinda flakey ... I watch enough flyers that I can justify paying what it costs here in Canada - $200 Canadian including taxes

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Leave a comment:

• Hattrix
    replied
    Just opening up this yearly thread for those who have new or different viewing issues.

Anyone have any updates on best viewing options:

1. In the Philly market - no cable
    2. In the Philly market - cable
    3. Out of market - no cable
    4. Out of market - cable
    Last edited by Hattrix; 09-25-2019, 10:00 PM.

Leave a comment:

• dogzus
    replied
    Starting to wonder if the stutter is browser related. Even though I used Chrome for everything else, for games I'd been using Firefox for a long time as Chrome could be weird with its built-in Flash.

With the Flash requirement gone I finally got around to watching a couple of games on Chrome and they seemed smoother.

Leave a comment:

• Strohs72
    replied
    Originally posted by dogzus
    What size screen are you watching on? I've got a Mac Mini hooked up to a 65" TV, which makes even small glitches pretty obvious.

Individual frames are clear, it's just that when the camera is moving fast the jump from one frame to the next is noticeable. I am not sure I buy their 60fps claim.

Surprised to hear you are having issues with having to redo the setting to hide the scores. They made that setting persistent a long time ago and it still works for me. Makes me wonder if something is happening with cookies for you.
    Iím not watching on a big screen could be why it looks so good and smooth .... in running a windows 10 desktop on a 24 inch screen with HDMI.

Ok Iíll check and see whatís up with my
    Cookies ....

Wonder if itís a windows bug as you say you are on Mac and have no problems ....

Whenever I watch on my
    iPad or on the shield I donít have the problem with the scores showing .... only on my damn desktop which has ruined my viewing entertainment numerous times over the past several years lol

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Leave a comment:

• dogzus
    replied
    What size screen are you watching on? I've got a Mac Mini hooked up to a 65" TV, which makes even small glitches pretty obvious.

Individual frames are clear, it's just that when the camera is moving fast the jump from one frame to the next is noticeable. I am not sure I buy their 60fps claim.

Surprised to hear you are having issues with having to redo the setting to hide the scores. They made that setting persistent a long time ago and it still works for me. Makes me wonder if something is happening with cookies for you.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X