No announcement yet.

The playoffs

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• kessel/malkin aren't the problem at all. they lack depth after years of trading away their picks.

Comment

• Originally posted by clumsysnake View Post
      kessel/malkin aren't the problem at all. they lack depth after years of trading away their picks.
      Finally!

Comment

• Originally posted by irvdog View Post

Finally!
        The bad thing if you were a Pens fan right now is that having the core they have means they are still going to be competitive and end up at that just making or almost missing playoff spot every year unless they do massive changes. Crosby/Malkin both have full no move clauses and both want to finish their careers in Pitts. Kessel I can easily see get traded, but who takes him? Arizona for pennies on the dollar? The article on the Athletic also eluded to some serious issues in the dressing room this year which is why they traded Hagelin to shake up the core. Conflict was probably something like:

Crosby: "Hey ****heads I can't keep carrying this entire team on my back, I need a little help"
        Team: "..."

Comment

• I kind of like the Penguinis swirling around the shitter for a few years. Looks better than it smells, LOL!!

Comment

• for some reason every year since he was 25 i hear that kessel is washed up. he just scored 82 pts and is only 6.8m against the cap. and he usually plays on his own line. every team would be interested. he would certainly help our power play.

Comment

• Originally posted by clumsysnake View Post
              for some reason every year since he was 25 i hear that kessel is washed up. he just scored 82 pts and is only 6.8m against the cap. and he usually plays on his own line. every team would be interested. he would certainly help our power play.
              I don't think ability is the issue, the guy is a total ****** to teammates.

Comment

• Originally posted by alxhj View Post

I don't think ability is the issue, the guy is a total ****** to teammates.
                Is that true? My understanding is that he's just awkward and really introverted. I haven't heard he is an ahole to teammates.

Comment

• Originally posted by phillymac14 View Post

Is that true? My understanding is that he's just awkward and really introverted. I haven't heard he is an ahole to teammates.
                  I've read that he has had several run ins with teammates, and I distinctly remember a time he was mic'ed up during the playoffs a few years ago and Crosby was getting on his linemates about hustling etc.... and Kessel told him to "shut up and leave him alone". Not a good thing to do to the Captain, whether you like him or not. I also remember guys in Toronto not being especially brokenhearted when he was traded to the Pens. You have to wonder about a guy with his talent, being on three different teams, as a GM I might be a little leery of that.

Comment

• Never dis your captain on the bench, even if it is Cindy.

Comment

• How does Mrazek look like an ECHL goalie with the Flyers and turn into Hasek with the Hurricanes?
                      sigpicPhiladelphia Flyers: Home of future Stanley Cup Champions on other teams.

Comment

Working...
                      X