Another expectations thread

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• https://www.capfriendly.com/expansion-draft/seattle

Any way you slice it atleast one of JVR or Voracek will be available. Doesn't mean they'll be picked.

Comment

• Doesn't a No Move Clause prohibit players from being selected? Don't G and JVR have one therefore both players automatically become protected..... Yes? No?

I don't know what I'm talking about, probably.
      "Perry the Platypus! I swear, of all the aquatic mammals I hang with, you are TRULY the most uncooperative!" - Dr. Doofenshmirtz

Comment

• Originally posted by Hattrix View Post
        Doesn't a No Move Clause prohibit players from being selected? Don't G and JVR have one therefore both players automatically become protected..... Yes? No?

I don't know what I'm talking about, probably.
        Yes, if a player has a no movement clause, they are required to be put on the protected list. Are you sure Voracek has one? I know G does, but I didn't think Voracek did too. Looking at this website, they do not have Voracek tagged with a clause (if you flip to Giroux, you'll see it as an anchor in the status column).

https://www.spotrac.com/nhl/philadel...-voracek-4843/
        Mike Barr, Founder

Comment

• Pretty sure Voracek doesn’t have one. Personally... I really hope he’s traded before then for younger/cheaper assets.

Comment

• Originally posted by Mike Barr View Post
            ...Are you sure Voracek has one?.....[/URL]
            I didn't say that he did.

"Perry the Platypus! I swear, of all the aquatic mammals I hang with, you are TRULY the most uncooperative!" - Dr. Doofenshmirtz

Comment

• only giroux and hayes have one

Comment

• maybe the smart play IS to keep Jake and expose him in the expansion...otherwise don't we run the risk of losing a great, young player in the expansion?

Comment

• Why wouldn’t an expansion team take Jake if he were available? Don’t they need to meet the NHL cap minimum just like all teams? Or are they given a pass in their first year?

Voracek for for an expansion team could be a smart way to fill some needs and help reach the cap minimum. Jake is a class guy, great with teammates and the media.

{inhale} I HEART CLAUDE GIROUX {exhale}

sigpic

Comment

• there will be other high priced talents from other teams. they get to select 31 players. and we’ll have other good players available too, like ghost.

also i’m guessing they’re not gonna have trouble hitting the floor at all. expect a competitive team immediately.

Comment

• Originally posted by clumsysnake View Post
                      there will be other high priced talents from other teams. they get to select 31 players. and we’ll have other good players available too, like ghost.

also i’m guessing they’re not gonna have trouble hitting the floor at all. expect a competitive team immediately.
                      and their HC will probably be Mike Babcock..if things in TOR keep going the way they are!!!!

Comment

Working...
                      X