Another expectations thread

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Strohs72 View Post

It would be so nice if our rise as you hope this year coincides with a similar Pittsburgh decline out of the playoffs ...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    I like Pittsburgh to keep making the playoffs and losing in the first round. It means less of a change of them possibly winning the lottery and getting a high draft pick.

Comment

Originally posted by Vedder View Post

I like Pittsburgh to keep making the playoffs and losing in the first round. It means less of a change of them possibly winning the lottery and getting a high draft pick.
      Because we all know that IF they get into the lottery...

Comment

Well with the Werenski signing does that mean Provo follows suit with a 3 year prove it deal at $5M a year?

Comment

Originally posted by Vedder View Post
          Well with the Werenski signing does that mean Provo follows suit with a 3 year prove it deal at $5M a year?
          I'd be 100% good with this...maybe at slightly less than what Werenski got...but in that ballpark. But i think its just a matter of time that Provorov signs. He knows that its really important that he be at camp (after the season he had).

Comment

Just for clarification...would a similar deal for Provorov mean he becomes a UFA at the end of the 3 years? If yes...kind of risky. Would a shorter deal make more sense for the Flyers?

Comment

Originally posted by lynchmob450 View Post
              Just for clarification...would a similar deal for Provorov mean he becomes a UFA at the end of the 3 years? If yes...kind of risky. Would a shorter deal make more sense for the Flyers?
              Donít thinks so. Isnít it 27 or 7 years played?

Comment

Originally posted by lynchmob450 View Post
                He would be 1 year shy, which would then set him up for a long term deal well into his 30s making huge money- so it's good for the team as they still have him as an RFA at the end of the deal, and good for the player as they can set themselves up for a huge payday in a few years.

Comment

Sidenote. When the Devils overlooked Provy at the Draft, they picked Zacha just before us. He signed a 3 year contract today. 2.25 per year. Did we get the better player?

Comment

i have a weird feeling Provy is not gonna be a Flyer for life

Comment

From theScore.ca

In Canada

Ranking the bottom 15 teams in the NHL

Philadelphia Flyers

Underachievers last year, the 2019-20 Flyers - armed with a new coach in Alain Vigneault, a new top-two center in Kevin Hayes, a new top-four defenseman in Matt Niskanen, and a new full-time starting netminder in Carter Hart - are coming in hot. It's hard to argue against a roster featuring a strong top-six forward group, a solid defense corps, and a goalie tandem of Hart and Brian Elliott. On paper, Philly is a playoff team. Keyword: paper.

So they appear to have been ranked at the top of the bottom 15 teams

So a playoff bubble team

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Working...
                      X