Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Provorov inching closer to a deal (Updated: signed 6 x 6.75)

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

This should be easy. We have five or six guys who might be able to step in if you believe the hype around these prospects....so let TK know Frost, Rubstov, Farabee etc are happy to have a spot on the team. Let him sit the year and use the cap space at the deadline to add a nice rental. Kids play, we make the correct stand in an unreasonable contract scenario if that's what this is and we remove the distraction from the room.

Comment

If it's THAT ridiculous of a demand that TK wants, then Fletch needs to hold off. If it's reasonable then it'll get done soon, and the professional people will understand that this is a business.
      It sounds like some of you think that the coaching staff and front office don't know what they have in TK and this will affect his roster spot. I think that's comical. Everybody knows where everybody stands, and this is business being business. He's a kid. He knows the game. He's probably already in excellent shape, and he'll be fine for the first game. If he's a good kid in the locker room, management has already talked to the leaders about him and they've probably already vouched for him, along with all other staff.

TK will hit 30 goals this year and be a growing force on our power play and 5 on 5.
      "Perry the Platypus! I swear, of all the aquatic mammals I hang with, you are TRULY the most uncooperative!" - Dr. Doofenshmirtz

Comment

since it worked so well the other day

i have a weird feeling TK is not gonna be a Flyer for life

Comment

really didn't expect this to be the situation...looked like Provy might be the tough one to get under contract and TK was going to get done....now we enter the land of the Leafs last year. I hope people paid attention to how that worked out for the Leafs.

Comment

So is anyone disappointed with the deal (6yr @ $6.75M)?

Comment

Fyi, that was the #1 play of the day on Sportscenters Top 10.

Comment

Crap game but nice goals.... Provys being the best of the bunch but TKs rip was a snipe and Hayes buried his grade A look like a guy that's done it before. Lindbloms was the nicest in my eyes...a winger earning his chops at the top of the crease lol.

Comment

Originally posted by irvdog View Post
                  Crap game but nice goals.... Provys being the best of the bunch but TKs rip was a snipe and Hayes buried his grade A look like a guy that's done it before. Lindbloms was the nicest in my eyes...a winger earning his chops at the top of the crease lol.
                  Heck of a thing to come out of that with two points. The schedule was brutal this weekend -- a 4:00 game at home on Friday and a 3:00 game in Montreal on Saturday? I figured they'd be flat for the Canadiens game and they gutted it out with some great goaltending by Elliott after he gave up the early softy. Having a good structure helps in these situations...coaching matters.
                  Mike Barr, Founder

Comment

I think we all liked the contract number when it was signed, looking even better now!

Really more just a huge relief that he's playing to the level we expected. Last year I was wondering if i had drunk the team kool-aid on his ceiling.

Comment

Originally posted by lynchmob450 View Post
                      So is anyone disappointed with the deal (6yr @ $6.75M)?

Only Provy. Lol. Since he looks like and has been playing like 9-10 mill stud. Ha.

Comment

Working...
                      X