First trip to Phi

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• First trip to Phi

Well boys I am not a bucket list type of person but if I did have one, seeing the Flyers in Phi would be at the top. Soooo I am doing it. Shamefully doing it at 52 yrs old having been a fan for 47 years. Coming Nov 7 for the Habs with a Habs pal of mine and a couple other buddies. Would love to meet some fellow OAndB freinds and am happy to have recommendations for food and record stores for my Friday in town. Pretty stoked about this!

Originally posted by irvdog View Post
    Well boys I am not a bucket list type of person but if I did have one, seeing the Flyers in Phi would be at the top. Soooo I am doing it. Shamefully doing it at 52 yrs old having been a fan for 47 years. Coming Nov 7 for the Habs with a Habs pal of mine and a couple other buddies. Am happy to have recommendations my Friday in town.
    Gone far too long to help with libations, but 1 recommendation:

Don't tailgate wearing Canadiens gear.

J/k................................maybe............ ..............

Comment

Originally posted by FLexible FLyer View Post

Gone far too long to help with libations, but 1 recommendation:

Don't tailgate wearing Canadiens gear.

J/k................................maybe............ ..............
      I used to wear my flyer jersey in MTL, but I understand Philly is a different beast.

Comment

I went a couple years ago and I'm dying to go back. I could eat cheesesteaks for a week straight. sadly only tried Pats and Genos but next time Jims is at the top of the list. Saw a great game against the Blues with Miller in net, the good guys won! Side story went to use the bathroom during intermission and some sad Blues fan wearing a Bouwmeester sweater trying to get to a urinal but literally every Flyers fan in that washroom was not letting that guy get anywhere near a urinal to the point he was saying, "like c'mon guys??" it was hilarious.
        sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by irvdog View Post

I used to wear my flyer jersey in MTL, but I understand Philly is a different beast.
          My wife survived wearing a D*v*ls jersey in Philly

Comment

My first and only trip was 3 years ago.(March 7th, 2016) At the age of 40. So dont feel too bad! I got lucky and we WHOOPED Tampa Bay that night and it was amazing! We stayed downtown so we could easily walk around and enjoy the sights. Was a great trip for me and the wife!!!!

I got the seats about halfway up with the private bathroom and bar area right behind it. Was well worth the extra $75 or so per ticket! I couldnt get seats behind the bench or at the glass as it was sold out but these seats were awesome!

I ate a cheese steak at a market type place downtown...I think it was an old metro station or something? It was VERY good! Shit everything I ate was a million times better than here in Montana!
            Last edited by MontanaFlyer; 09-12-2019, 06:51 PM.

Comment

I went to my first game in philly three years ago at age of 44 and I canít wait to go back!

Caught the season opener versus Anaheim, a loss, sitting right by the penalty box, and then, two nights later, watched a Saturday night victory over the canes .

I remember Matt Read having a good game in one of the two games! Lol

I canít wait to go back ... as a Philly fan you will absolutely LOVE cheering along with the home team ... when I was walking up to the building I got a bit teary eyed and loaded with goosebumps!

Some of my recollections from that trip:

Downtown Philly was AWESOME! Way cleaner than I expected ... definitely set aside some time to see the historical sites ...

I donít recommend crawling under the ropes at the building where the constitution was signed, in order to get a better picture, lol

Thereís a market downtown which has literally like A MILLION things to eat ... I forget the name of it, but it was awesome and I highly recommend it

The waterfront was nice to hang out at at night ... our hotel was close by there so was night to spend the evening there

The subway was was cleaner and (hopefully) safer than I thought it would be ... awesome and cheap mode of transportation before and after game ... stay away from rip-off cabs if you can

Oh and donít drive in from out of town on game night ... we did and the traffic coming into Philly was HORRENDOUS.... my wife had to drop me off and I ran to the building and literally sat down seconds before the season opening ceremonies started ... didnít have time to stop and piss ... and literally almost pissed my pants HAHAHAHA
              I canít wait to go back ... maybe next year .... gotta start saving the $$$ as it sucks to pay the 33% USD exchange!

As an out of towner, it would be helpful if locals could
              Offer up unused season tickets somehow to us fans from the forum travelling in, for sale, if possible, to avoid buying on the secondary market.

Somehow I didnít get around to having a friggin cheese steak sandwich!

HAVE FUN ITS AWESOME!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

I have been a few times now for games, most notably was for the cup run where I got scammed buying fake tickets off Craigslist to game 6 (lesson learned!). In any case one thing people don't generally think of about Philly is that it has amazing food. Like world class level food without the pretense or the high prices. The history stuff downtown is super cool too, and some really fun bars. I really like how integrated a lot of smaller restaurants and pubs are into the community. I had cheese steaks at the big places but like everyone else in this thread had one of my favorites at the market square downtown. Anyway can't wait to go back and bring my wife, as she has never been!

Comment

Your gonna have a blast.... the market is the reading terminal market... I would go to D nics and get the roast pork w greens and Provolone.... so good.... and if your into good beer evil genius brewery is awesome

Comment

I had some awesome pizza and had the Delassandro's Cheese steak it was great. Partying at Xfinity live before and after the game was awesome. Returning sometime this year, just not sure when. The historic tours were an added bonus. Last but not least, Philly natives get a bad rap, they were super nice everywhere we went.

Comment

Working...
                    X