First trip to Phi

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by brownie
    Your gonna have a blast.... the market is the reading terminal market... I would go to D nics and get the roast pork w greens and Provolone.... so good.... and if your into good beer evil genius brewery is awesome
    Oh yes that is it indeed ... the Reading Terminal Market ...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

go to Victor"s Cafe on Dickenson for some great Italian food. Scenes from the original Rocky were filmed there
      "I admire the exagerrated way that you tell the truth."- Arthur Balfour

Comment

For a true philly experience, the Reading market.is.it. all.kinds.of.food.options.

Comment

Originally posted by swami24 View Post
          For a true philly experience, the Reading market.is.it. all.kinds.of.food.options.
          Yup! We stayed for about a week two blocks from there. We ate there pretty much at least once per day and never had the same thing twice except for the cheese steaks since there were like 10 different versions of them! The ones with pepperoni mixed in were so ****ing good!!

Comment

Does anyone do the shoot around pre game/warmup or do most of you folks get there just for puck drop?
            I'd like to catch the pregame skate, start drinking in the atmosphere and get the bar service thing figured out, lol.

Comment

Originally posted by irvdog
              Does anyone do the shoot around pre game/warmup or do most of you folks get there just for puck drop?
              I'd like to catch the pregame skate, start drinking in the atmosphere and get the bar service thing figured out, lol.
              The second game I went I was there for the warmups

Just nice to be there early and no stress of wondering where stuff was or how to get there etc

Before kids came along whenever I would go to OHL Icedog games I would often go for the warmups ... I like them

In fact one of the last times TK played the Icedogs I brought my
              Son to the game and put his flyers jersey on and TK tossed him a puck ...

Comment

Originally posted by Strohs72 View Post

The second game I went I was there for the warmups

Just nice to be there early and no stress of wondering where stuff was or how to get there etc

Before kids came along whenever I would go to OHL Icedog games I would often go for the warmups ... I like them

In fact one of the last times TK played the Icedogs I brought my
                Son to the game and put his flyers jersey on and TK tossed him a puck ...

Good advice and perspective. And cool re TK and the puck. How old is your little dude?

Comment

I ALWAYS get there early to see pre-game .... you can get right next to the glass (or a few rows up) and really take in the speed and talent of the players. The pre-game warm up, to me, is the whole game and I'm NOT going to make the trip to see my team and miss pre-game.
                  "Perry the Platypus! I swear, of all the aquatic mammals I hang with, you are TRULY the most uncooperative!" - Dr. Doofenshmirtz

Comment

Originally posted by Hattrix
                    I ALWAYS get there early to see pre-game .... you can get right next to the glass (or a few rows up) and really take in the speed and talent of the players. The pre-game warm up, to me, is the whole game and I'm NOT going to make the trip to see my team and miss pre-game.
                    Yes I went right down to the glass for it to...

I like watching a lot of the little stickha sling warmup drills some of the elite guys do ... shows you how sick their stickhandling is ...

There’s lots
                    Of good and bad though ...

I remember going to a habs sabres pregame warmup in Buffalo ages ago and I was watching goon Andrew Peters for a bit and it was so funny he couldn’t pick a corner to save his life ... so many of the shots he took were right along the ice and in the middle of the net

Hahaha

Comment

Originally posted by irvdog View Post
                      Well boys I am not a bucket list type of person but if I did have one, seeing the Flyers in Phi would be at the top. Soooo I am doing it. Shamefully doing it at 52 yrs old having been a fan for 47 years. Coming Nov 7 for the Habs with a Habs pal of mine and a couple other buddies. Would love to meet some fellow OAndB freinds and am happy to have recommendations for food and record stores for my Friday in town. Pretty stoked about this!
                      couple places on South St..Repo Records..Noise Pollution ...some others in the area

https://www.bing.com/maps?q=record+s...16&FORM=CHROMN

also..do not go to Pat's or Geno's for steak sandwiches..try Cleavers on 18th st near chestnut or Oh Brother on 2nd and Market

enjoy it when you can...if you are into history also..can hit up the entire Old City area..National Constitution Center..Liberty Bell..American Revolution Museum are all close by but need some time to get through it all...i will probably be working lol

Comment

Working...
                      X