Philadelphia Flyers 2019-2020 Prospects News and Highlights

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by flyerdog View Post

Ghost AND Jake should be able to bring that type of player in...we'd probably have to eat some of Jake's salary depending on the player.....btw is it ME or did Jake look like he didn't even care after scoring a goal the other night....
    I dont thinl Jake was the only player out there who looked like he didnt give a crap. This team needs a serious core and skill upgrade.
    sigpicPhiladelphia Flyers: Home of future Stanley Cup Champions on other teams.

Comment

Originally posted by Cup4Recchi8 View Post
      This team needs a serious core and skill upgrade.
      This “core” hasn’t been successful and won’t be. Time to make a rebuild around Couturier and the younger guys.
      "I admire the exagerrated way that you tell the truth."- Arthur Balfour

Comment

Originally posted by flyers19rw View Post

This “core” hasn’t been successful and won’t be. Time to make a rebuild around Couturier and the younger guys.
        yeah but the problem is we ARE cursed, I am convinced of this.....on those instances when we have a top three pick...we get shafted on order (Kane vs JVR) or we pick top 3 in a weak draft class....so no Matthews, McDavids, Crosbys, for us...

Comment

Originally posted by flyerdog View Post

yeah but the problem is we ARE cursed, I am convinced of this.....on those instances when we have a top three pick...we get shafted on order (Kane vs JVR) or we pick top 3 in a weak draft class....so no Matthews, McDavids, Crosbys, for us...
          Curses end man. They don't go on forever. Get rid of Jake and Ghost; I'll call it a new dawn!!

Comment

Moving Ghost shouldn’t be that hard. Teams need defensemen. His contract isn’t that onerous. What would you want coming back?
            I wonder how easy it would be to move Jake or JVR? Big contracts. Usually when you trade one of these types of players, you’re getting a similar one in return. Ex- Lucic for Neal. An aside to this is that if Jake gets traded, would Giroux want out of here as well?
            It would be great if moving Jake and/or Ghost would net a finisher like Ehlers, Nylander or some such sniper.
            "I admire the exagerrated way that you tell the truth."- Arthur Balfour

Comment

I doubt you get much for ghost. Offense has dried up and he handles the puck like a grenade.....at this pt clear salary and get Myers up.

Comment

With over 20 plus team up sgainst or already near the cap limit there isnt much of a market right now to trade a big salary unless you trade salary for salary. Not easy to do during the season. The Hayes and Voaracek contracts are the bad ones,at least JVR has only 4 years left. Giroux has 3 but he should remain a Flyer IMO ,management needs to add dome actual skill and talent around him.
                sigpicPhiladelphia Flyers: Home of future Stanley Cup Champions on other teams.

Comment

Getting this thread back to what it was meant for...

Alexander Appleyard @avappleyard

@NHLFlyers and @vaxjolakers Linus Högberg with a great game so far today... 1g, 1a as the game goes to OT. #Flyers

Alexander Appleyard @avappleyard

@LHChockey Olle Lycksell just set up two prime chances from the Gretzky spot on the PP... and then came SO close to scoring with a lacrosse shot from behind the net. The
                  @NHLFlyers prospect is just oozing confidence. #Flyers

Comment

I think we might have that in Frost and Farabee...which is why I'm not opposed to seeing both those guys up with the big club...especially Farabee who showed that he could play under the big lights...kid worked his way onto the first line in pre-season....

move Jake and Ghost...If Ghost can get you a dependable D -Man in return...like a younger Niskanen (who right now looks like a great trade)....

Comment

I don't see Jake moved. Too much for too little at this point. His disappearing act wont go over well
                      Pieces are in place for the future. We still need a top pairing defenseman and a scoring winger. Doesn't look like we are going to get anything from Free Agency or a trade due to our cap limitations. Development years ahead.

Comment

Working...
                      X