Farabee recalled

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Farabee recalled

Farabee and Vrobyev get recalled, with Twarynski being loaned to the Phantoms.

Curious what the line will be? Could Farabee end up on the first where he did well in camp?
    Farabee, Couts, G
    Hayes, Tk, and Lindblom
    Laughton, Jake, and JVR?

that could be some depths for 3 lines. they may still need a soccer net to shoot at to score though.

Comment

cant be any worse

Comment

i'd rather he play with laughton instead of getting tougher matchups. both he and laughts are really good forecheckers i could see that line being pretty disruptive.

Comment

wonder why it was Vorbyov (sp) and not Frost...I'd be OK with Farabee on the top line...he looked like be belonged there and didn't seem intimidated....

Comment

I know that Rubtsovís injuries over the years have cut down on the number of games that heís player but heís a better center than Vorobyov.
            "I admire the exagerrated way that you tell the truth."- Arthur Balfour

Comment

Originally posted by flyers19rw View Post
              I know that Rubtsovís injuries over the years have cut down on the number of games that heís player but heís a better center than Vorobyov.
              Honestly, I would have expected Rubstov to be recalled before any other center. Maybe Frost to give him a shot. I saw nothing out of Vorobyev last year to think he can be a regular NHL player. Hopefully he has grown and now understands what it takes to stay up be successful.

Comment

I think Frost and Rubstov will get their opportunity soon. I am not expecting Vrobyev to do anything to make it difficult for the team to send him back to the Phantoms in a few days.

Comment

Vorobyev is a smart player with good instincts. He sees and reads plays quickly and in right spaces. What I canít tell yet, is if he has a high enough compete level to flourish at the highest level.

One thing I did notice in preseason was when he was cross checked in the face by....crap i forget who but remember it was a star player.....Vorobyev was pantomiming from the Flyers bench to the penalty box that he wanted to fight him.

He he isnít flashy but he could be very good at the NHL level if he competes hard. I am firm believer in hockey smarts over flash. Thinking quick is an extremely valuable asset.

Im surprised to see Farabee get the call before Frost as I felt Frost was exceedingly more impressive at camp. That said, I am excited to see what Farabee can do. He admitted that he wasnít NHL ready at the start of the season.... but I question wether a few pro games was enough to prepare him.

{inhale} I HEART CLAUDE GIROUX {exhale}

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by lynchmob450 View Post
                    I think Frost and Rubstov will get their opportunity soon. I am not expecting Vrobyev to do anything to make it difficult for the team to send him back to the Phantoms in a few days.
                    Has Frost been playing or is he still injured (groin)

Comment

Working...
                    X