Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• GDT: Flyers vs Golden Knights

7PM ET

If you haven't read Meltzer's blog yet, do that. Lots of surprising stuff with the line combos. Is Hayes getting put on notice by being dropped a line?

https://www.hockeybuzz.com/blog.php?blogger_id=45

Looks like both teams' backup goalies will face off.

The Flyers need to bounce back at some point and they've played well against Vegas so I'm cautiously optimistic.

I don't see an issue with Hayes playing on the 3rd to provide some toughness to protect Farabee, however Hayes not on either PP line is probably not something he is stoked about.

Comment

Originally posted by dogzus View Post
      7PM ET

Is Hayes getting put on notice by being dropped a line?
      aside from maybe TK and Lindblom....I think the entire team is “on notice”. For the same reason it’s always silly to over think the lines at the start of the season....AV needs to keep shuffling the deck until he finds something that works.

The Flyers may lack a bit in the sniping category, but they certainly have too many good offensive players to be struggling with scoring goals.

I think once a few moves like Farabee/Frost/Myers get mixed in this team will find some magical combinations and this team will soar ....I mean fly....

{inhale} I HEART CLAUDE GIROUX {exhale}

sigpic

Comment

In previous seasons we have seen this team start a season slow and it basically destroy any chance to make the playoffs. I think this year is different and they stop the bleeding much faster. Tonight is a win and a momentum changer. The group is rested now from the trip, some spark from the Farabee call up, and although the goals have not been coming they have been playing with energy. It only takes one to break the dam.

Comment

Who are the healthy scratches tonight?

Comment

Pitlick and Morin.

Comment

Originally posted by schulzie View Post
              Who are the healthy scratches tonight?
              Pitlick and Morin (who hasn't played yet this season). Twarynski was sent to the Phantoms. So basically, Farabee/Vorobyev in, Pitlick/Twarynski out.
              Mike Barr, Founder

Comment

Great game by Elliot so far, and the team is finally having goals go in. Thank god.

Comment

Through half the game, nice effort and finally some pucks starting to go in for them. Elliott is playing outstanding in net, better than we've seen from Hart the last couple of games. Hopefully that will motivate Hart and he'll pick it up. We certainly don't want Moose to be the better goalie! I'm not big on the line with Giroux centering JVR and Voracek -- too much of a defensive liability on the wings there. But what they're doing is working so far, so I won't complain.
                  Mike Barr, Founder

Comment

Originally posted by Mike Barr View Post
                    Through half the game, nice effort and finally some pucks starting to go in for them. Elliott is playing outstanding in net, better than we've seen from Hart the last couple of games. Hopefully that will motivate Hart and he'll pick it up. We certainly don't want Moose to be the better goalie! I'm not big on the line with Giroux centering JVR and Voracek -- too much of a defensive liability on the wings there. But what they're doing is working so far, so I won't complain.
                    Honestly I have thought JVR has looked really strong defensively the last few games and especially tonight. God it's nice seeing all these goals though.

Comment

Working...
                    X