Forward lines once Patrick gets back

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Forward lines once Patrick gets back

Man i'm looking forward to getting Patrick back (an improved Patrick, of course). Our forwards will be very deep. Assuming Patrick will take the 3C role, here is how i see the pieces falling (Couts line can't be touched at this time):

Giroux - Hayes - Farabee
    Lindblom - Couturier - Konecny
    van Riemsdyk - Patrick - Voracek
    Raffl - Laughton - Pitlick

Once Couts line does cool down, i'd definitely like to see him and TK bump back up with G and Haye and Farabee play with Lindblom.

How do you guys see this playing out?

- well the top 9 seems pretty set if farabee stays up. just about finding the right lines... its unclear to me if hayes and giroux have chemistry. or if Patrick and JVR do. i think the top 9 is gonna be in a blender for a while.

- pitlick hasnt shown me much. i think the AHL kids are given plenty of opportunity to get in on the 4th line. vorobyev already looks good.

- laughton i really prefer as a winger, he's gotten better defensively but still can't occupy the puck like I'd want a 4C to. he's very good on the forecheck and when he's having a good game he can move up the lineup, but vorobyev looked better as a center already outside the faceoff dot.

Comment

Hope Raffl is OK, and Giroux looked a little dazed after being upended along the boards

Comment

If Raffl is out for any period of time; I wouldn't be surprised if they put Patrick on the wing for the 4th line. It's a good way to ease him back into the full swing of things without exposing him to the rink rust he'll undoubtedly have. Even if he has to play C instead of wing, you can move Vorobyev to a wing. Vorobyev-Patrick-Stewart (that would be so awesome to see the patrick stewart line out there!) Let the nerds descend
        "When over a quarter of young adults are too fat to fight, we need to take notice," Barnett said. He noted that national security in the year 2030 is "absolutely dependent" on reversing child obesity rates

Comment

The best thing about the CHI game was it seems like the script was flipped...how many times have we been the team to miss an open net, ring it off the iron, make a bonehead TO leading to a goal, go shot less in a period?

Was nice to see those things finally happen to another team for a change...

Comment

Originally posted by smkruzik View Post
            If Raffl is out for any period of time; I wouldn't be surprised if they put Patrick on the wing for the 4th line. It's a good way to ease him back into the full swing of things without exposing him to the rink rust he'll undoubtedly have. Even if he has to play C instead of wing, you can move Vorobyev to a wing. Vorobyev-Patrick-Stewart (that would be so awesome to see the patrick stewart line out there!) Let the nerds descend
            Ill believe that Patrick is back when I see it. Until then, Id have more faith in Frost playing for the Flyers than him.
            "I admire the exagerrated way that you tell the truth."- Arthur Balfour

Comment

Originally posted by smkruzik View Post
              would they be the "Picard" line...or the 'X' line? or the 'Cerebro' line:-)

Comment

How about

Lindblom Cooter Konecny
                JVR Patrick Giroux
                Voraceck Hayes Farabee
                Whatever's left

Giroux at center just isn't working

Comment

Patrick won't be back any time soon. He has serious post-concussion issues. The party line that it's "migraines" is a joke.

Similar to when they said Primeau had "sinus issues" during one of his concussion bouts.

It's unfortunate, but the kid is clearly injury prone. If it's not one thing, it will be another. Now the Hayes signing makes more sense since the team knew they'd be without their 2C for an extended period of time (and likely an issue going into the future).

Twice we draft 2nd overall, and we end up with JVR/Luke Schenn and Patrick. Other teams get franchise players....not easy being a Flyers fan LOL

Comment

Originally posted by Hexy's Axe View Post
                    Patrick won't be back any time soon. He has serious post-concussion issues. The party line that it's "migraines" is a joke.

Similar to when they said Primeau had "sinus issues" during one of his concussion bouts.

It's unfortunate, but the kid is clearly injury prone. If it's not one thing, it will be another. Now the Hayes signing makes more sense since the team knew they'd be without their 2C for an extended period of time (and likely an issue going into the future).

Twice we draft 2nd overall, and we end up with JVR/Luke Schenn and Patrick. Other teams get franchise players....not easy being a Flyers fan LOL
                    We could have taken anyone but Hirschier.

Comment

Working...
                    X