No announcement yet.

Forward lines once Patrick gets back

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Yes, this is true, but it still stings.... A LOT!!!
    "Perry the Platypus! I swear, of all the aquatic mammals I hang with, you are TRULY the most uncooperative!" - Dr. Doofenshmirtz

Comment

Originally posted by lynchmob450 View Post
      Man i'm looking forward to getting Patrick back (an improved Patrick, of course). Our forwards will be very deep. Assuming Patrick will take the 3C role, here is how i see the pieces falling (Couts line can't be touched at this time):

Giroux - Hayes - Farabee
      Lindblom - Couturier - Konecny
      van Riemsdyk - Patrick - Voracek
      Raffl - Laughton - Pitlick

Once Couts line does cool down, i'd definitely like to see him and TK bump back up with G and Haye and Farabee play with Lindblom.

How do you guys see this playing out?
      Nice, I like these lines ! Iím not sold on Pitlick yet but Iím also not sold on Stewart, Vorobyev, or Rubstov yet either. Itís hard seeing a spot for Frost when Patrick is penciled back in

{inhale} I HEART CLAUDE GIROUX {exhale}

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Hookah_McGirk View Post

Nice, I like these lines ! Iím not sold on Pitlick yet but Iím also not sold on Stewart, Vorobyev, or Rubstov yet either. Itís hard seeing a spot for Frost when Patrick is penciled back in
        Sheesh. Useless exercise. Patrick could be done for half the season. Let's figure out what the lines are without him.

Comment

Originally posted by irvdog View Post

Sheesh. Useless exercise. Patrick could be done for half the season. Let's figure out what the lines are without him.
          When i started this thread, i really thought Patrick would be playing games within 3 weeks or so. It seems like things are not going in the right direction for him...so my question is...why isn't he on LTIR? Would him being on LTIR make any impact on our cap (Patrick doesn't have a high cap #)?

At this point, i think i'd give Frost another weekend in the AHL and then have him called up.

Comment

Shades of Eric Lindros....

Comment

Originally posted by lynchmob450 View Post

When i started this thread, i really thought Patrick would be playing games within 3 weeks or so. It seems like things are not going in the right direction for him...so my question is...why isn't he on LTIR? Would him being on LTIR make any impact on our cap (Patrick doesn't have a high cap #)?

At this point, i think i'd give Frost another weekend in the AHL and then have him called up.
              Correct, having him on IR would mean we couldn't bank cap space like we have been doing with all these call ups/downs from AHL from my understanding.

Comment

Originally posted by flyerdog View Post
                Shades of Eric Lindros....
                I feel like league-wide the protocol for diagnosing / dealing with concussions has gotten so much better since the Lindros days. Look at Crosby, at one point it looked like his career might be over. Since they dealt with that he's only missed a few games a season. Very happy they're being cautious and methodical with Nolan, even if they don't think its concussion-related. Years past he would have been told to play through it and then maybe it would have been a threat to his career.

Comment

yes..but the underlying problem still exists...like Big E, he may be more susceptible to repeated concussions and post concussion syndrome(s)....by the end, even harmless legal body checks were giving Eric concussions...

Patrick, I fear, might be one of those guys who is predisposed to having greater risk..which might ultimately limit his playing time at best and force his retirement, at worst...

Comment

Originally posted by flyerdog View Post
                    yes..but the underlying problem still exists...like Big E, he may be more susceptible to repeated concussions and post concussion syndrome(s)....by the end, even harmless legal body checks were giving Eric concussions...

Patrick, I fear, might be one of those guys who is predisposed to having greater risk..which might ultimately limit his playing time at best and force his retirement, at worst...
                    k, but remember this isn't a concussion from what we know

Comment

In all honesty, I am WAY more excited for Frost to join this team then I am for Patrick to return. I think Frost will be an impact player right away.

Giroux - Hayes - Farabee
                      Lindblom - Couturier - Konecny
                      JVR - Frost - Voracek
                      Twarynski/Laughton- Laughton/Vorobyev - Raffl

{inhale} I HEART CLAUDE GIROUX {exhale}

sigpic

Comment

Working...
                      X