Jay O'Brien and the Penticton Vees

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Jay O'Brien and the Penticton Vees

Was curious how the kid was doing... looks like he's off to a good start leading the team and the league with 29 point in 20 games. Also noticed an awful lot of NHL names on his team... Weight, Sillinger, Amonte, Niedermayer, Barnes. I thought that was a bit more than a coincidence so I did a little googling and came across this interesting article...

https://www.theprogress.com/sports/n...n-vees-roster/

This program has a pretty impressive history of sending kids to the show... probably not a bad spot for O'Brien to be after the bumps he hit in the road last year.

sorrry... not leading the league... some 17 year old has 41 points in 20 games!

Comment

That is pretty cool...all those kids with similar talented dads...all with the difficult task of having to follow their dad's success.

Regarding O'Brien...I just hope the success he is expected to have in the BCHL will allow him to jump back to the NCAA with a ton of confidence. Getting this kid to deliver on his promise will be great for the Flyers, especially since a large percentage of fans gave up on him after last season.

Comment

Originally posted by salzy View Post
        sorrry... not leading the league... some 17 year old has 41 points in 20 games!
        That kid Kent likes wearing orange ties

{inhale} I HEART CLAUDE GIROUX {exhale}

sigpic

Comment

Working...
        X