Morin's season over

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Morin's season over

Tore ACL last night in AHL game...same ACL he tore a couple of seasons ago. Unfortunately, I think this will be the final nail for his career with the Flyers.

Yikes. Hope he can recover, yet long odds of getting back to the NHL. He will be going on 25 or 26 by the time he is back. Seems old for someone to finally break thru.

Comment

noooo... that's really horrible. feel for the guy.

on the plus side that makes our D situation clearer.

Comment

Wow this kid has had a tough go. I feel bad for him. I dont see how he can rebound from this. Wish him the best.

Comment

Originally posted by lynchmob450 View Post
          ..... Unfortunately, I think this will be the final nail for his career with the Flyers.
          My thoughts exactly, Lynch.
          Damn, I feel terrible for the kid. I went through 2 ACL recoveries (one when I was 16 and the other when I was 33) but his are SO close together and his window for this awesome career is really small, especially since he already lost time from this same injury. I don't know how he can pull it off. But I hope he can.
          "Perry the Platypus! I swear, of all the aquatic mammals I hang with, you are TRULY the most uncooperative!" - Dr. Doofenshmirtz

Comment

He just can't catch a break. It did make me wonder though about the re-injury, was he already wearing a protective brace on it? Every time I see an athlete who has recovered from an ACL type injury without a brace (Carson I'm talking about you...) it just makes me cringe.

Comment

yeah...probably the death knell for his career....too bad....The York drafting seems much more clear, and smart now
              Last edited by flyerdog; 11-08-2019, 09:25 AM.

Comment

I really feel horrible for this kid. One setback after another, never giving him a chance to get his career going at the professional level. Could this be it for him? Maybe, but you never know. He'll be back in a year (give or take) and I believe is still under contract for next season. So he'll get one more shot here. I hope he makes the most of it and finally becomes an NHL player.
                Mike Barr, Founder

Comment

Well, now we have one less worry for who we need to protect, or not, in the expansion Draft.
                  BTW, I keep forgetting, will it be spring 2020 or 2021?

Comment

Terrible break for the kid. A good reminder, though... keep drafting defenseman. Like the York pick even more now.

Comment

Working...
                    X