No announcement yet.

Morin's season over

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

From what i have read about Morin...the guy seems to be very good teammate who always carries a positive outlook on things. This will be another challenge in his life...and while i am not confident, i'll be cheering for him no matter where he makes his mark in the NHL (which i hope he does). And if he does make it back, what an amazing story!

Comment

I liked Hextallís starting strategy of keeping picks in order to get a quantity of prospects at positions like Defense and Goal because you never know how they will turn out.

But, I also consider picks like York (sub-6í offensive skilled), which I admittedly am liking the pick, not really impacted by a setback for a 6í6Ē shut-down type. The only comparable to Morin that I really see among the current D prospects would be Ginning.

Also, itís probably to some of my dislike of Braun for viewing his acquisition as Fletcher coming in and tossing picks around to bring back aging veterans, as was the norm on a lot of pre-Hextall regimesí seasons.

Comment

Originally posted by AIK1891 View Post
        I liked Hextallís starting strategy of keeping picks in order to get a quantity of prospects at positions like Defense and Goal because you never know how they will turn out.

But, I also consider picks like York (sub-6í offensive skilled), which I admittedly am liking the pick, not really impacted by a setback for a 6í6Ē shut-down type. The only comparable to Morin that I really see among the current D prospects would be Ginning.

Also, itís probably to some of my dislike of Braun for viewing his acquisition as Fletcher coming in and tossing picks around to bring back aging veterans, as was the norm on a lot of pre-Hextall regimesí seasons.

These days it seems like you canít just be a big guy with wingspan like it used to be. You have to be fleet of foot an agile .....look no further then Myers. That goal he scored last night was very underrated. That skating stride he took to create space and open up a shooting lane was awesome.

Morin still has a chance but itís going to be very difficult as he is missing out on some big development years which he sorely needs

{inhale} I HEART CLAUDE GIROUX {exhale}

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by AIK1891 View Post

itís not about comparables and replacing morin with york. Itís more about making sure you have a good steady stream of D prospects in the pipeline. A year ago the sentiment was why draft defensemen we have too many already and trade some etc etc. My point is that you keep drafting them... they are assets, id argue better assets than C/F. And letís be honest... aside from Provorov none of our current youngsters are locks at this point to be game changers/big impacts. Thatís all i mean. Worst case you have too many and you have really valuable trade capital.

Comment

So sad. It happens all the time in every sport, but the kid has little chance at.this point.

Comment

I absolutely agree with keeping the pipeline steadily filled with new prospects at D and in G. Hopefully the trend will continue. (Also, noticed that the other Russian G prospect, the 6í8Ē one, is putting up some nice numbers in KHL this season so far)

As for the current grouping of D prospects, there seems to be some skill/game sense/etc. to be enthused for, but on the smaller or lighter side, and I would like if there was just a touch little bit more balance. Now with Morin assuredly our of the picture (for a long time if not, now, permanently), I wonder a little about the physicality on the future defense. And this is, primarily and because Iím generally optimistic, so Iím thinking in the future context of seven-game playoff series. (I know, you have to make the playoffs first). It would be nice to have one defensively responsible D that, by games 5, 6, & 7 (if needed), could have other teamís players banged up and/or looking up with their ďhead on a swivelĒ a bit more. Such a 6D role is what I was always hoping to see Morin for.

And what I had hoped with Morin was not simply the size, but a player who was projected to have the mobility (plus skater for his size) and bit a punishing mean streak. Oh well, not anytime soon. Ginning Iíd also read as bigger, a plus skater for his size, and a bit of a mean streak to make opposing forwards think twice. I think Hextall once commented on the Ginning pick as a balance against a number of smaller/lighter offensive D prospects. But it seems, from this past yearís reviews Iíve read, that Ginningís mental prowess for reading the game is not what was hoped. Will have to see how he might settle on Swedenís J20 team (if he makes it; apparently dropped from being considered this yearís ďCĒ two years ago, to now maybe losing his roster spot to someone younger)

Comment

Working...
              X