• Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Babcock Fired

oh please please please - make Hakstol the new HC
    God hates the Flyers

lol, keefe of course!

Comment

remember when he was the greatest thing since Scotty Bowman?
      "When over a quarter of young adults are too fat to fight, we need to take notice," Barnett said. He noted that national security in the year 2030 is "absolutely dependent" on reversing child obesity rates

Comment

always been overrated imo

glad we have AV! hes still hungry, steady, but not arrogant

Comment

Leaves (Laffs ) are a soft team not built for playoff hockey , no cap space and no 1st round pick. This is more on Dubas than Babcock although an old school coach with a bunch of over paid soft young kids probably wasnt going to work anyway.
          sigpicPhiladelphia Flyers: Home of future Stanley Cup Champions on other teams.

Comment

Really interesting that he got fired. Granted, they've struggled, but I do find the cap space and the moves that Dubas has made rather interesting.

Babcock certainly didn't live up to the hype of being the coach that could basically win with anything (which was obviously always overblown) but it's interesting nonetheless.

I wonder how long it will be before he gets a new job and where that will be.

Comment

Originally posted by dsl135 View Post
              Really interesting that he got fired. Granted, they've struggled, but I do find the cap space and the moves that Dubas has made rather interesting.

Babcock certainly didn't live up to the hype of being the coach that could basically win with anything (which was obviously always overblown) but it's interesting nonetheless.

I wonder how long it will be before he gets a new job and where that will be.
              Babs butted heads with everyone. Management, players etc. By year 5 he was pretty much hated by the entire organization. He's extremely rigid and stubborn.

By all accounts, great guy outside the rink...but couldn't play nice with his stars and GM.

The dude loved his 4th line more than his 1st (sounds familiar?). Matthews would play 18 min in must win playoff games etc. Did lot's of petty little things to rub players and the GM the wrong way (scratching Spezza for his 1st home game against Ottawa...only to play him the next game in Columbus....sounds familiar again?).

I certainly think he's a good coach, but not a great one. Hasn't won a playoff series in 10 years and fails to adapt.

He will wait to find the perfect gig before he jumps back into it. Don't forget Leafs signed him to a 8 year deal x $6.5. He's in no rush....

Comment

Very happy Hakstol will help Keefe get that PK straightened out

Comment

Working...
                X