Voracek

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Voracek

I am gonna get right at it here. The Flyers have 3 guys on a 3rd line that make 22m plus combined. JVR is likely to get it going on the goal scoring side, the chances have been there. Hayes cannot be moved. So that leaves Jake. I cant imagine that Fletcher is the type of guy that will sit on his hands while this continues. As a person Jake seems to be a good guy. I think he is the obvious choice to move but can they get a return for him? I read an article earlier with him linked to a Gudreau trade, take that with a grain of salt. What could the Flyers realistically get for Jake? A return similar to the Kessel trade or less? Or do we just wait until the expansion draft and cross our fingers that he is taken? Curious what you all think. Honestly, I think his days are numbered, it's an opinion I have literally no proof that is true.

Can’t think of a reason as to why the Flames would want to trade Gudreau. They signed him long term which shows they want him.

Voracek is not as good of a playmaker as he thinks he is. This is evident on the PP. He is also not a
    sniper and has issues with competing and playing D.
    I like him as a person, but perhaps he would be a better fit on a team that is desperate for “playmakers”.

This team could use a sniper and Jake should be enough to acquire one.

{inhale} I HEART CLAUDE GIROUX {exhale}

sigpic

Comment

Inquirer had an article on this today.

Comment

Originally posted by sswin08 View Post
        I am gonna get right at it here. The Flyers have 3 guys on a 3rd line that make 22m plus combined. JVR is likely to get it going on the goal scoring side, the chances have been there. Hayes cannot be moved. So that leaves Jake. I cant imagine that Fletcher is the type of guy that will sit on his hands while this continues. As a person Jake seems to be a good guy. I think he is the obvious choice to move but can they get a return for him? I read an article earlier with him linked to a Gudreau trade, take that with a grain of salt. What could the Flyers realistically get for Jake? A return similar to the Kessel trade or less? Or do we just wait until the expansion draft and cross our fingers that he is taken? Curious what you all think. Honestly, I think his days are numbered, it's an opinion I have literally no proof that is true.
        While you're right that Calgary wouldn't do a Jake for Johnny swap, that doesn't mean it can't be the foundation for a deal. The Flyers would obviously need to sweeten the deal, but it's doable with picks/prospects being included.

If the Flyers move Jake, they need to move him for an impact player. We are already thin for scorers, so getting a mish mash of parts won't work for us...

Calgary is a dumpster fire right now, and they are in the west. It would be a perfect trade partner all things considered.

Comment

Someone on twitter said Calgary would be right in asking for a combination of Sanheim and TK for Gudreau. Swap out TK and add in Voracek+ and Sanheim are you doing that deal? I don't feel good personally about trading Sanny.

Comment

Originally posted by Vedder View Post
            Someone on twitter said Calgary would be right in asking for a combination of Sanheim and TK for Gudreau. Swap out TK and add in Voracek+ and Sanheim are you doing that deal? I don't feel good personally about trading Sanny.
            Maybe Myers? Definitely Ghost!

Comment

I dont think I would be ok with moving Myers. Imo personal opinion Myers is a future star, maybe more so than Sanheim. Ghost yes. Could Calgary even take on both contracts?

Comment

Not interested in moving any one of Provorov, Sanheim or Myers. Jake and Ghost for a talented quick sniping forward would be fine with me.
                Myers doesn’t have a lot of games under his belt but I go back to the WC last spring when he was called up to play for Canada. He more than held his own at that level of play. Did he have a disappointing camp? Sure but he’s shown well since being brought back up. He’s going to be a player.
                "I admire the exagerrated way that you tell the truth."- Arthur Balfour

Comment

TK? he's got more points than gaudreau. we need to lose overpriced veterans, not our cost-controlled young players who are still improving. I love the idea of packaging up multiple lesser players for 1 elite talent but i'm not sure that deal helps us.

Calgary is thinking they can do a 2fer and get 2 great young players for gaudreau and be better in 3 years, ala Carter/Richards. It makes more sense to trade him to a contender, which we are not. If we're gonna move the voracek/jvr/hayes crowd its probably gonna be to a bad team with lots of cap space who just needs scoring.

Comment

unfortunately I think Jake is past the status in his career where he is a desirable player at any given point in the season..where I think he is now is one of those Trade Deadline players..for a team that might be looking for a little more "oomph" for a playoff run

Comment

Working...
                    X